Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day out with lure rod

4.15am sat 20th July
    Well I sorted the lure rod and various jellies, lures etc and headed off to the coast with high hopes.
    First stop, Whitburn ledge
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374394212.215700.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1529880

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374394247.104322.jpg
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1529881
    fished for a few hours using poppers, eddystone eels, spinners, various rapalas and not a nibble, the kelp started to be a problem so headed to shields pier for low water caught 3 macky then reel broke, I wasn't happy but luckily I had my 6000 Shimano in bag it looked a bit weird on a 7ft lure rod but it let me continue fishn and caught another 5 macky

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374393912.172924.jpg
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	1529878

I headed of to another couple of marks for the flood, tried the black path

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374394021.839747.jpg
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1529879

I had a bash with these lads

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374396076.949514.jpg
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1529882

But no luck again, same as before tried various options but it just wasn't to be, the rod n reel set up wasn't great lol so headed to nets and bought an okuma trio 40s, lovely little reel so had to stretch its legs be rude not to.
    I loaded it up with 30lb power pro (what I had from my broke reel) and popped down to hendon prom and fished off the pipe, was a bit of weed about but I kept plugging away nothing showed so headed to ryhope (the target) had 2 casts and brought in huge balls of weed so jumped in car and headed to Seaham, fished just before the pier gates for about an hour and caught one mackerel, I gave it to an old guy who was teaching his grandsons to fish he was well happy, just before I left for home a few guys were trying for macky they had small toby spinners tied to 5oz weights they were askn how to catch mackerel, I suggested to tryn get some daylights but they weren't sure what they were, I happened to have a couple of packets in car so let them have them, with a bit of luck they'll catch some n make their day.
    5pm went home knackered, stopped of at allotment first and gave a couple of the old timers some macky that ad promised them.
    Oh well hopefully a few bass and pollack will show next time.

Till next time,
    Cheers
    Brian
    www.home-improver.com
    Where quality counts

Great report mate and shows there are some genorous people on this site still welldone
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Nice report mate, I'm sure they'll turn up next time for you from the rocks.
      Regards
      Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Cheers lads,
        I might fish the flood on tue (weather permitting) it's about a 5.2 tide lets hope something shows
        www.home-improver.com
        Where quality counts

Comment

great report clarky m8

Comment

Working...
          X