LRF on SSP 21/07/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LRF on SSP 21/07/13

after seeing 'fishingmark's' report last night of wrasse off ssp, I decided to go down for a couple of hours from 2.00pm till 5.00pm this afternoon (high was about 3.00pm) with just my lrf gear.

Got to the spot where fishingmark was yesterday and he was sitting there again and offered to let me join him - nice to meet someone form this forum, and nice to fish with someone else - cheers mark, hopefully see you around again.

I was using a little jig head with some brown isome and first cast got me a bite from a sea scorpion

kept getting nibbles, but was hard hooking them, I foul hooked another sea scorpion

Mark got a really nice green/yellow wrasse on ragworm off a float, he has pictures on his thread.

I then changed to pink isome, and got another bite straight away. I thought it was another scorpion fish, until I got it right up the wall and realised it was a new species for me, a little blenny (common blenny I think)

kept getting more nibbles, and pulled out a swimmer crab at one point but no more bites.

Although the wrasse are still alluding me, it was a good couple of hours fishing with my fifth species in about 5 weeks of fishing, and really pleased to be catching fish with the light gear.
    Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

That's a canny set up you've got there mate, I've never fished that light before. The float fishing is subtle compared to what I'm used to.
    Well done on the fish, might catch up with you again some time
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

welldone mate and keep upthe new species
      KOMPRESSOR SPORT
      PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
      PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
      OKUMA TRIO 55
      YUKI RUBYMAR
      RON THOMPSON TYRON
      SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Well done mate, knew it wouldn't be long! Keep it up!
        Regards
        Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
          Well done mate, knew it wouldn't be long! Keep it up!
          Cheers, and aye, you were right, off the side of the pier is a good mark, and just keep at it and expect gear loss - have realised the fish are where the snags are.
          Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
          Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
          Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Working...
          X