Lrf & hrf ssp 1/8/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lrf & hrf ssp 1/8/13

Morning folks, had a couple of hours down South Shields Pier this morning at first light and fished LW up to 8am (before the missus woke up and realised I gone )

Fished Very light to begin with in search of some Wrasse. I was using small pieces of Isomes, Grass Minnows etc on a 2.5g jig head. The Sea Scorpions kept me very busy with the odd Blenny thrown into the mix. Couldn't seem to get past them and find the Wrasse though.

Decided to change tactics and fish a little heavier so I upped my Rod and tackle to the 10g mark and switched to a larger Aqua Milfie. I got hit on the first cast and after a spirited little fight thinking I'd got my Wrasse, I was greeted by a larger Sea Scorpion, which took the whole Green Milfie

A few more Sea Scorpions later I switched to a Reelsport Creature Lure in Orange and fished it slowly through the Kelp on a weedless Jighead, a few casts later and this little fella decided to have a pop.

I lost count of the amount of knocks, bumps and half-takes I had this morning too. Plenty of mini-species sport to keep me occupied but unfortunately still no Wrasse for me yet maybe next time.
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Canny session mate. I have found the wrasse around the pier to have no interest in the Isomes at all, don't know why, they go mad for the ragworm. All I have caught with the Isomes is sea scorpions.
    People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Canny session that, I like the photos as well.
      Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
      Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
      Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Unlucky on the wrasse but well done on the others
        Ps ... All the wrasse have gone on there holidays because they sick of Fishingmark hooking them ... The wrasse king
        KOMPRESSOR SPORT
        PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
        PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
        OKUMA TRIO 55
        YUKI RUBYMAR
        RON THOMPSON TYRON
        SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Nice little session there , well done !

Comment

Nice one Si, m sure these a wrasse down there with your name on it
            Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
            http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
            http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Great report Si.

Comment

You don't half love them granny fish mate
                "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                X