Bassboyo's bassing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bassboyo's bassing

Yes Ive been caught in that trance of chasing silver yet again,early mornings late nights ,wearing cold wet waders from the night before but I've also had the pleasure of wandering around in flip flops with these very pleasant temperatures. Bass have been present at most marks but are very hard won and very finicky on certain baits and how they are presented. I've had limited success on surface lures which is a real shock for me as I normally do very well throughout July taking fish off the top. I've taken some nice fish in the past couple of weeks including this post spawned fish of 80cm, she went 8lb but would of easily been a double had she been in condition.
    Taken on patchinko 100
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375516351.518388.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1529958
    How many of you are using soft plastics? I've used them along with hard baits for a few years now but they are now becoming my first choice out of the box when I find fish are being picky. I like them weightless & weedless bounced over shallow reefs, kinda fishing in stealth mode. Takes have been anything from a small knock to the rod nearly being pulled out my hand. It's the small details that make a huge difference IMO, rigging the bait perfectly straight , over hooking , underhooking will all make the lure behave different.

I've also increased my metal lure collection, not what I call finesse fishing but they do give you that edge in your armoury for certain situations, especially if fish are at distance. I've had most success on a lift & draw retrieve, I do seem to get a higher number of by catch in the form of small pollock which is irritating especially when they hit on the first drop, saying that they have saved me a few blanks

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375517462.035178.jpg
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1529960

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375517531.380441.jpg
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	1529961
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bassboyo; 03-08-2013, 08:20 AM.

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post
    Yes Ive been caught in that trance of chasing silver yet again,early mornings late nights ,wearing cold wet waders from the night before but I've also had the pleasure of wandering around in flip flops with these very pleasant temperatures. Bass have been present at most marks but are very hard won and very finicky on certain baits and how they are presented. I've had limited success on surface lures which is a real shock for me as I normally do very well throughout July taking fish off the top. I've taken some nice fish in the past couple of weeks including this post spawned fish of 80cm, she went 8lb but would of easily been a double had she been in condition.
    Taken on patchinko 100
    [ATTACH]8122[/ATTACH]
    How many of you are using soft plastics? I've used them along with hard baits for a few years now but they are now becoming my first choice out of the box when I find fish are being picky. I like them weightless & weedless bounced over shallow reefs, kinda fishing in stealth mode. Takes have been anything from a small knock to the rod nearly being pulled out my hand. It's the small details that make a huge difference IMO, rigging the bait perfectly straight , over hooking , underhooking will all make the lure behave different.
    [ATTACH]8123[/ATTACH]
    I've also increased my metal lure collection, not what I call finesse fishing but they do give you that edge in your armoury for certain situations, especially if fish are at distance. I've had most success on a lift & draw retrieve, I do seem to get a higher number of by catch in the form of small pollock which is irritating especially when they hit on the first drop, saying that they have saved me a few blanks
    [ATTACH]8124[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]8125[/ATTACH]

and that ladies and gentlemen is how you bass fish

Comment

Some cracking fish there, i haven't put the time in for the bass this year, intentionally mind, I'm going to dedicate my next few sessions to the silver hunt.

Keep it up mate, cracking report
      Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
      http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
      http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

well done mate!!!
        really nice fish!!
        was that 8lber taken in the north east?

Comment

Nice fish mate. Gutted we had to cancel Wexford, looks like you had a good time in Nigel's videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfpunklee View Post
            well done mate!!!
            really nice fish!!
            was that 8lber taken in the north east?
            Thanks surfpunklee
            No that's an Irish fish
            Last edited by Bassboyo; 03-08-2013, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by broony View Post
              Nice fish mate. Gutted we had to cancel Wexford, looks like you had a good time in Nigel's videos.
              It was hard going broony, fish were very hard earned. It's the same at home but more numbers. It was a right laugh doing the filming

Comment

Well done mate, very informative and interesting report with some great pictures. I was reading some of your exploits in the recent BASS magazine I'd love bass fishing to be a bit more productive around here. Only had two proper sessions so far which have thrown up nada. But like you say it requires a lot of effort, patience and watercraft to be successful or at least improve your chances. Great Post.
                Regards
                Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Some nice healthy looking bass there matey great
                  Pic well done

Comment

Good fishing and report, top job fella, tight lines

Comment

Well done m8

Comment

some nice fish there Boyo. recognise the red one, but what's the black rod? Any chance of a link to the video of your Irish adventures?

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments guys

Originally posted by over par View Post
                          some nice fish there Boyo. recognise the red one, but what's the black rod? Any chance of a link to the video of your Irish adventures?
                          Two set ups in the pics over par , the red one is a Tenryu supermix 240 evo matched with a shimano twinpower SW 4000 SFA
                          The black & gold rod is a Daiwa morethan Branzino sea bass custom 80ml matched with a Daiwa certate 2508 hi gear custom with a 2506 RCS factory spool.

Comment

well done

Comment

Thanks Bassking

A few small clips, a larger DVD will be produced towards the end of the year

Comment

Working...
                              X