LRF session, Roker Pier, Tues 06/08/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LRF session, Roker Pier, Tues 06/08/13

Got some great advice from Paul and Andy in Moonfleet - cheers lads - had a pretty decent little session at the mark you told me about.

got stuck at work a bit late so missed the high tide, got down there after half 6 tonight, but the timing turned out to be pretty good - very first cast, just as I started the retrieve I got a bite on a 3g jig head with half a pink isome, I could see a load of eels and tiny coley's about so thought it was one of them, but it turned out to be my first Pollock! was well chuffed, the bloke next to me looked just as shocked as me that I got a bite about 30 seconds into my session!

It wasn't huge, but big enough for LRF. A couple more casts and got another Pollock, same size. Then had a bit of a blank so switched to a drop shot rig with a number 8 hook and a little bit of brown isome, no prizes for guessing what took the brown isome - a granny fish - those things practically jump out the water as soon as you open the packet.

I was constantly getting nibbles but failed to hook anything else, the water on the top of the reef was down to about 2 foot by then so I was getting a bit of jip off the weed, and decided to pack in at half 8. Great fun for an hour and a half session though. I'm hoping on going back tomorrow on the high tide, still after wrasse!

cheers again to paul and andy; and as a return for their advice I advise everyone to go to Moonfleet, get a rockfish rod, a little reel, and some jig heads and isome and get into LRF! its awesome.

Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
    Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
    Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

great session welldone
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Well done , you have the LRF bug now I bet ? Who'd of thought you can catch on fake bait eh lol

Comment

Well done mate, I'd definitely say you got the bug now and your getting your just rewards for putting the time and effort in. Well done again! ;-)
        Regards
        Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

You'll get that wrasse eventually mate, you're certainly putting the hours in. I still haven't got one with a lure yet but I'll be out again trying at the weekend.
          People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

Nice session mate and great report, its more fun catching tiddlers than watching a still rod for hours on end and blanking for sure.

Comment

Nice session Andy, well done on the Pollock Im sure one of those wrasse will be yours soon mate!
              "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
              PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Cheers everyone.

Went back to the same spot tonight, got two more granny fish, at least I thought I did until I looked at the photos when I got home - it was definitely the same one! markings exactly the same.

The first time it took a pink isome, the second time a green isome, must of been hungry!
                Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
                Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
                Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Patience young pierwalker, the force will soon be with you

Comment

well done Andy, keep it up
                    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

I'd tried ISOME whilst fishing in turkey taking a dozen species then dab and pollack back here. When I get round to it I'll do more from our coastline but they will get tried again next month in the canaries.
                      I've been catching carp and tench on them lately as well.
                      Species 2012.
                      Uk. Codling,whiting,

Lanzarote. Scorpionfish,damselfish,red grouper,dusky grouper,red bream,white bream,red snapper,vermillion snapper,ornate wrasse,

Comment

Working...
                      X