The Leas 11/08/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Leas 11/08/2013

Headed out for a few hours last nigh, the original plan had been to go out on the Kayak but wind stopped play so i did a bit of rock hopping instead. I didnt have a target species in mind but i was going to hit some marks were i've picked up Weaver in the past.

The plan was to start at Frenchies and work my way south, fishing The Shelf, Johnsons, Boaties, The Black Path and a few other marks that i dont know the names of.

Frenchies was a no go straight away it was far too windy, as was The Shelf and there was someone one Johnsons already, things weren't looking good.

The move to the next mark saw things look up a little with a few a fish a cast pretty much, only small Coley and Launce but it was a start.

I tried a couple more marks using SP's and HP's but got nothing for my efforts. I Made my way to the black path, second cast with a zenith at distance and i was into a better fish, being that it took the lure a long way out i had a nice little scrap with the fish and it gave a good account of itself, turned out to be a Pollock about 1 1/2 - 2 lb to be honest i was expecting a bigger fish to surface by the way it fought. Sorry no photo of this one.

The wind had dropped a bit by this point so i decided to work my way back along the marks.

Boaties proved to be the most productive again with some better coleys than earlier and a few Codling chucked in for good measure. Even managed a couple of double shots. One of then causing me great confusion as the rod was nodding like a codling as well as rattling like a Coley. It was of course one of each.

Johnsons was still occupied so i skipped it and had a few chucks off the shelf to no avail so moved on to frenchies and manage a few more double shots of Coley.

All in all a nice night to be out on the rocks.

Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Nice bit of action for there mate

Comment

Nice couple of hours mate

Comment

Lovely session mate, bet you enjoyed that

Comment

Nice report Phil and rewarded for your efforts
          Regards
          Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Some nice looking fish there mate, good session.
            Ron Thompson Axellerator 13’ - Penn Spinfisher 7500
            Daiwa Seahunter Z Spin 10’ - Penn Battle II 4000
            Savage Gear Bushwhacker 8’ - Shimano Ultegra 2500

FLOUNDER, SEA SCORPION, COLEY, MACKEREL, LAUNCE, WEEVER, SHORE ROCKLING, POLLOCK, BLENNY, DAB, WHITING, COD, 5B ROCKLING, PLAICE, DRAGONET, EELPOUT, COMMON EEL, THORNBACK RAY, BALLAN WRASSE, CORKWING WRASSE, TOPE, GREY GURNARD, DOGFISH, TADPOLE FISH, TURBOT, SMOOTHOUND, BASS

Comment

Working...
            X