SSP / Leas 14/08/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSP / Leas 14/08/13

Well... headed out for a short session this morning with my brother. Initially had a trundle along SSP... only one other lad there who had one maccy in the bag but nothing else doing....

Not a great deal for the first hour.... a few coalies, double shots mostly but small, all went back swimming... brother took a really small maccy so after an hour of coalies I moved around to fish the small wall.... maccy first cast. Had a blast on the Leas aswell and managed a few more fish.... finished with 6 maccy and 12 coalies. Not bad for 2hrs.

Only saw a couple of other maccy caught and a couple of other coalies so I guess I did ok... one other lad with a rubber eel seemed to be catching plenty coalies aswell spinning along the pier walls

What did hack me off though was some older fella who came onto the small wall after I moved off.... he kept two 6" coalies Felt like kicking him over the side but luckily for him he left before I managed to get my cast in as I was about to have words however it wouldn't have looked great chasing a grandad down the pier and having a set too with him

Not a bad morning other than that!
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

Well done mate not a bad couple of hours. Plenty of fish for you
    PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
    PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
    PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
    PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

Duble shots on lures? What were you using, broadly speaking?
      Cheers.
      Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Daysofspeed View Post
        At a guess id say 28g zenith with a couple of shrimp attractors
        Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
        http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
        http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Nice one mate. No more mid week fishing for me but I had a canny run when I was off work.
          People who live in glass houses have to answer the door.

Comment

nice session m8 and for the fella with the 6 inch coalies its a disgrace there was a polish lad on roker the other week put 2 similar fish into a bin liner
            KOMPRESSOR SPORT
            PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
            PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
            OKUMA TRIO 55
            YUKI RUBYMAR
            RON THOMPSON TYRON
            SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

My last 2 trips on shields I've seen quite a few undersized fish kept.

Comment

Originally posted by mackem_steve View Post
                My last 2 trips on shields I've seen quite a few undersized fish kept.
                seen a fair few myself the last couple of weeks including codling well undersize
                would say something but when you see the piles of empty cans and the spliffs its not worth the grief that you would get

got a canny pollack on the float on monday night, 2 pound plus,
                should have seen their faces when it went straight back in!
                Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
                Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
                Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Comment

Originally posted by Daysofspeed View Post
                  Eh? not entirely sure what you mean by that......

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by ar lan y mor View Post
                    seen a fair few myself the last couple of weeks including codling well undersize
                    would say something but when you see the piles of empty cans and the spliffs its not worth the grief that you would get

got a canny pollack on the float on monday night, 2 pound plus,
                    should have seen their faces when it went straight back in!
                    Lol, nice one Sean.... its always a pleasure to annoy the Jeremy Kyle massive

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                      At a guess id say 28g zenith with a couple of shrimp attractors
                      Am I that predictable Phil? lol.... but your right... small string of Sabiki lures with a zenith spinner.

Cheers lads, always nice to get a few fish on a nice quiet morning out

PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Working...
                      X