Power Isome again in the Weir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Isome again in the Weir

Yesterday we ventured down to the river Weir at South Hylton (Sunderland), after reading the reports of Flounder on this Forum. the postcode for this is SR40RN.
    Flounder would be a new species for us on LRF so we were hoping the wind wouldn't ruin it (SW 30mph!) However we had nothing to worry about, the wind was a bit gusty but didn't impact the fishing.

Once again, a nice place, very accessible and easy for Ryan to keep warm in the car. It was a nice wide river, with deep water at your feet.

My brother in law Chris, son Ryan and I went with LRF gear, again drop shotting with 1 Oz weights and size 4 hooks (soft metal ones so they can be bent out when the flounder take them down!). We were casting 20-30 yds, and slowly working the rig back in with a lift and drop technique.

This time it was the new XL Isomes (White) that did the business…

Chris was first with a 28cm

,then myself with a 26cm

and almost simultaneously Ryan hooked up with a 27cm fish.

Plenty of bites for the next few hours, most were no more than 10-15yds from the wall.
    We left an hour after high tide to get home in time for roast dinner

Another excellent catch report showing us how it's done! Well done to all of you, especially Ryan, the lad is an inspiration to us all. Great sport for the Winter months too and keeping it light adds to the fun.

Keep the posts coming even even when you get back down south! Great photos! Anyone would think your a Photographer!

All the best for the New Year!
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Thanks mate, I just wish I had more time to fish. Doubt I will be out again for a few month once I go home. I might be trying for a HRF session for wrasse in Devon in Feb.

Comment

Well done to all,Ryan is showing the way with the Isomes and loving his fishing by the looks of it .
        Angling Trust/UKCC Level 2 Sea Angling and Coarse Fishing Coach at www.fishingnortheast.co.uk or follow us on Facebook fishingnortheast.co.uk

Facebook - Andy Copeland ( Fishing Republic )

Comment

Great report and well done to young Ryan
          KOMPRESSOR SPORT
          PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
          PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
          OKUMA TRIO 55
          YUKI RUBYMAR
          RON THOMPSON TYRON
          SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Working...
          X