Wear Flounders 2/1/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wear Flounders 2/1/13

With the good reports of Flounder on Isomes from the Wear, I decided that I would like a piece of that to get me started in the Lure Challenge!

I was aiming to go down on New Years day afternoon, as it was a sunny and quite mild. Well one thing led to another so I didn't make it. Still hungry for some of the action, I got up this morning and bunged my gear in the car ready for 'a quick hour after work'

I got there at about 4.20pm and it was still quite mild and the wind was low, I thought lovely, I'm going to get a decent hour or twos fishing in.

I set up a big rod with a 2 hook flapper (size 1) both hooks with a whole XL Power Isome worm, one peach, one white. I then set up my lure rod with a 1oz drop shot and Power Isome worm on a size 4 hook. I cast the big Rod out just past the centre of the River and let it settle. Picked my Lure rod up and cast out about 40yrds. After 3 casts on my Lure Rod, I noticed a bite on the big Rod. Reeled in to a double Shot of Flounder!

The wind suddenly picked up and it was starting to get to much to continue. So I had a few more flicks out on the lure Rod, casting out, letting it settle for 1min then lift and reel maintaining the feel, letting it settle for a minute again, repeating this until its fully retrieved. On the sixth cast on about the 3rd lift, I felt a fairly aggressive take.

Reeled in another Flounder!

Wind was going berserk now blowing my gear all over, I checked my watch, it was 4.55pm! Not a bad half hour! So I decided to pack up and go. Mission accomplished!!

The Power Isomes are going to have a lot to answer for this year and it just goes to show how versatile they can be. I'm thinking of float fishing them next....

All Fish returned unharmed!, apologies about the quality of the pics but it was dark, I was on my own and the wind was mental.
    Last edited by Wreckingball76; 02-01-2013, 07:27 PM.
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Well done sounds great might look into it and have a go
    KOMPRESSOR SPORT
    PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
    PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
    OKUMA TRIO 55
    YUKI RUBYMAR
    RON THOMPSON TYRON
    SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Great session Simon,I can see the White Isome being used just a few times down there in the months to come ..
      Angling Trust/UKCC Level 2 Sea Angling and Coarse Fishing Coach at www.fishingnortheast.co.uk or follow us on Facebook fishingnortheast.co.uk

Facebook - Andy Copeland ( Fishing Republic )

Comment

Well done Simon, off the mark for your species hunt mate. Could be a lengthy list

Comment

Roll on the 13th, you can show us how its done
          Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
          http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
          http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Where can you buy these isomes you are talking about?

Comment

The only full on stockist of LRF gear in the North East Moonfleet Angling - Sea Fishing Adjustable Rigs

Comment

Wow Simon you have really inspired me here. I'm going to Moonfleet tonight after work to get some Power Isomes.

Comment

Well done Simon, great start to the challenge. Main thing " was it fun" ?

Comment

Originally posted by culdiekid View Post
                    Well done Simon, great start to the challenge. Main thing " was it fun" ?
                    It's always fun when your catching, and even sometimes when you don't!
                    Regards
                    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Working...
                    X