Second crack at species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second crack at species

Another hour down a local pier LRFing , lots of fish about from the off. Pollock were hungry and became a pain taking anything that was thrown at them, biggest 3lb ish super fun on light gear. Changed tactics and managed a poor cod
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357339454.939712.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1528974
    I had a few of these before I managed a tidy pout

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357339556.080298.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1528975
    Time for another change to see if any mini species were willing play, I had 4 L/S scorpions in quick succession and then picked up a rock goby

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357339645.827957.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1528976
    So another three species to add to the list for 2013. LRF is the way to go If you want species and most of all Fun ! I've been doing this a few years now and know my ground well. Put the time in and you will reap the rewards without smelly fingers lol.

Wer is it your from ? That ant a cod it a pointing by looks ov it
    Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty91 View Post
      Wer is it your from ? That ant a cod it a pointing by looks ov it
      It's a poor cod!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post
        It's a poor cod!!
        Aye no saying looks lyk a pointing you live in nothest just your doing well and us lot r doing crap lol
        Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Aye no saying looks lyk a pointing you live in nothest just your doing well and us lot r doing crap lol
          The first pic is a poor cod second pic is a pout. Poor cods anal fin starts behind dorsal fin, pout anal fin starts before or inline with start of dorsal fin.
          Am quite happy for it not to be counted if you feel it's not a poor cod and have good enough reason ?
          Now the north east has a dedicated LRF stockist I thought it may be of some interest in what can actually be caught on light set ups with small lures.

Comment

God lol am saying it is a cod and all am asking is wer you from that's all not critasizing any thing

Comment

lrf

Lrf?am i right in thinking light rock fishing?looks rather interesting may have a look into it myself and give it a try what sort of gear would i be lookin at if i was to start any more info for me mate?
              Cheers
              daz
              personal best pier:2003 xmas eve the hugh 12lb4oz

Comment

Originally posted by dizzydaz View Post
                Lrf?am i right in thinking light rock fishing?looks rather interesting may have a look into it myself and give it a try what sort of gear would i be lookin at if i was to start any more info for me mate?
                Cheers
                daz
                Your right Daz , LRF does stand for light rock fishing. most of us all probably messed around as kids with little coarse rods catching tiddlers with small bits of bait. I remember the fun that went with that and LRF gives me that fun factor.
                There are now dedicated LRF set ups out there from £30 up to whatever you want to pay. The use of braid as a mainline will give lots of feedback on bottom, bites etc. 0.3pe is normally excepted as True LRF braid, I nearly always use a flouro leader of around 2ft @4lb. As for lures well these are what get you in trouble with her in doors, if you do get into it you will probably have at least a parcel a week arriving, along with being fixed to the net. There are lure starter packs that come with jig heads/lures see your local stockist. If you need any other info just send us a PM

Comment

Don't hear of many poor cod round here. Where are you fishing?

A dead give away for poor cod; like mackerel or herring - your hands are full of scales!
                  Hartlepool Pirates Sea Angling Club - Secretary

230m 240m 250m 255.23 PB - 260m next!

Comment

Your right Daz , LRF does stand for light rock fishing. most of us all probably messed around as kids with little coarse rods catching tiddlers with small bits of bait. I remember the fun that went with that and LRF gives me that fun factor.
                    There are now dedicated LRF set ups out there from £30 up to whatever you want to pay. The use of braid as a mainline will give lots of feedback on bottom, bites etc. 0.3pe is normally excepted as True LRF braid, I nearly always use a flouro leader of around 2ft @4lb. As for lures well these are what get you in trouble with her in doors, if you do get into it you will probably have at least a parcel a week arriving, along with being fixed to the net. There are lure starter packs that come with jig heads/lures see your local stockist. If you need any other info just send us a PM
                    Where are you based mate

Comment

Originally posted by stevenswales View Post
                      Don't hear of many poor cod round here. Where are you fishing?

A dead give away for poor cod; like mackerel or herring - your hands are full of scales!
                      If your catching pout there will normally always be poor cod in with them, your right on the scales but not always true. Larger pout also have vertical stripes but again not always true. Pout love small squid & prawns try fishing a small 2" lure within the bottom 6ft of water always after dark IMO.

Comment

Av asked the same Q about 4x now no answer

Comment

Another hour down a local pier LRFing , lots of fish about from the off. Pollock were hungry and became a pain taking anything that was thrown at them, biggest 3lb ish super fun on light gear. Changed tactics and managed a poor cod
                          [ATTACH]6073[/ATTACH]
                          I had a few of these before I managed a tidy pout
                          [ATTACH]6074[/ATTACH]
                          Time for another change to see if any mini species were willing play, I had 4 L/S scorpions in quick succession and then picked up a rock goby
                          [ATTACH]6075[/ATTACH]
                          So another three species to add to the list for 2013. LRF is the way to go If you want species and most of all Fun ! I've been doing this a few years now and know my ground well. Put the time in and you will reap the rewards without smelly fingers lol.
                          Well done again mate. I think 2nd place is the spot to aim for this year! Lol

I went out last night and blanked, tried 2 new marks, but looking at a few factors this morning it's not surprising. Like you say it's all all putting the effort in, doing your homework and making it all come together.

Nobody expects you to give your hard earned marks away, but rough region would be nice.

Like many others, its looks like your going to be a valuable contributor to this forum! Keep up the good work!

That's definately a Poor Cod and a Pouting for the doubters out there, the anal / Dorsal fin alignment is the giveaway. Well done again!
                          Last edited by Wreckingball76; 05-01-2013, 11:12 AM.
                          Regards
                          Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

************************************************** ******

Comment

Av asked the same Q about 4x now no answer
                            Yeah I've asked twice not asking for his marks just area of the uk

Comment

Originally posted by Darnc View Post
                              Yeah I've asked twice not asking for his marks just area of the uk
                              That's all a wood lyk to no ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X