First HRF trip of 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First HRF trip of 2013

Headed out to a local rock mark for first light with intentions of trying to hit some decent pollock. On arriving the rain started and made the decent over the cliff treacherous. Talk about dancing on ice ! Slip, trip and fell the rest of the way not gracefully at all.
    This is the mark
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357494330.709367.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1528979
    First cast I was hit hard and a typical pollock crash dive followed ,with line peeling off and the super mix hooped over I knew this was a half decent fish. After a spirited fight in came a pollock that went 6lb on the boga.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357494696.734846.jpg
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1528980
    I continued changing lures an nearly every cast they were smashed by decent pollock, I was fishing weedless due to the thick kelp, am sure most of you will know what this means but here is a pic , I also used weedless jig heads but same idea

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357494858.385192.jpg
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1528981
    Again my lure was hit but this felt different to a pollock, no big crash dive but still a strong fish it had buried itself in the kelp a quick change of angle and she was free. Up pops a good ballan wrasse of around 4lb, the lure is 160mm long to put in a perspective

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357495965.696227.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	1528982
    I lost count of the pollock after 23 along with 9 wrasse. A good little session by all accounts.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357496096.242708.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1528983
    Last edited by Bassboyo; 06-01-2013, 06:30 PM.

[ATTACH]6103[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]6104[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]6105[/ATTACH]
    Last edited by Bassboyo; 06-01-2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Looks like great fishing, well done, where were you?

Comment

Originally posted by chris435 View Post
        Looks like great fishing, well done, where were you?
        Thanks it was super session
        Sorry I don't give marks , area , locations

Comment

Cracking report mate, i really need to get out, never mind though should get my kayak in the next few weeks ��. What's your opinion on water clarity, how much do you think it effects this type of fishing ?
          Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
          http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
          http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Another cracking report mate, definitely all green with envy now! It's certainly encouraging me! mind you, the water around here is anywhere between Expresso and Cafe Latte at the minute!
            Regards
            Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Well done once again mate some cracking fish kee these reports coming
              KOMPRESSOR SPORT
              PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
              PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
              OKUMA TRIO 55
              YUKI RUBYMAR
              RON THOMPSON TYRON
              SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                Cracking report mate, i really need to get out, never mind though should get my kayak in the next few weeks í ½í¸Š. What's your opinion on water clarity, how much do you think it effects this type of fishing ?
                Thanks, water clarity can effect how I fish but only the lure choice, I tend to go for dark colours in coloured water. Reason being I think it gives a larger silhouette but I know guys that use bright colours. No hard and fast rule in my book it's all about what you feel happy with. Wrasse can be very picky on colours and can change like a flick of a switch, example one min green 10mins later they only want red. Weird !

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
                  Another cracking report mate, definitely all green with envy now! It's certainly encouraging me! mind you, the water around here is anywhere between Expresso and Cafe Latte at the minute!
                  Cheers , cafe latte is good , cappuccino is better !! ;-)

Comment

Hell of a session there bassboyo. Well done mate. That looks like a scary mark it reminds me of Black Head in Cornwall too steep for me but that's probably why I don't catch many and you do

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderpants View Post
                      Hell of a session there bassboyo. Well done mate. That looks like a scary mark it reminds me of Black Head in Cornwall too steep for me but that's probably why I don't catch many and you do
                      Thanks, I've never fished black head but I fished Trevose head years ago and that was propper scary !

Comment

Excellent Wrasse there mate

Comment

awesome start to 2013! 4lb HRF wrasse is my target this year. I know plenty of amrks in the SW, and will be studying Google maps for the easter break when I'm back in the Blyth area. Hoppe the water clears somewhat!

Comment

Working...
                          X