Bad weekend on the plastics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad weekend on the plastics

Tried a beach mark on Friday's incomming tide that's produced plenty of species to bait for me over the years. This time with one rod long on a 2 hook flapper rig using xl isomes and curly grubs. The other rod on a 1oz bomb in the surf. 3 hrs later not a touch after much chopping and changing. Moved to Sand Point to try and avoid the blank, but a couple of casts produced nothing.

Saturday morning saw me on Roker Pier for a couple of hours. It was like a mill pond. Fished into the harbour and again nothing. At least this time I had a couple of sharp taps, but I couldn't connect with them. Again moved around to Sand Point but this time with a straw tail off the ramp swinging around into the Marina. Ziltch.

Here's to Sunday at Clatchie, and hopefully my first fish of the year.

Keep at it overpar, good luck for your next trip

Comment

Well done for getting out and trying.
      I was out on fri tried 3 different marks, not a touch.

Comment

Originally posted by over par View Post
        Tried a beach mark on Friday's incomming tide that's produced plenty of species to bait for me over the years. This time with one rod long on a 2 hook flapper rig using xl isomes and curly grubs. The other rod on a 1oz bomb in the surf. 3 hrs later not a touch after much chopping and changing. Moved to Sand Point to try and avoid the blank, but a couple of casts produced nothing.

Saturday morning saw me on Roker Pier for a couple of hours. It was like a mill pond. Fished into the harbour and again nothing. At least this time I had a couple of sharp taps, but I couldn't connect with them. Again moved around to Sand Point but this time with a straw tail off the ramp swinging around into the Marina. Ziltch.

Here's to Sunday at Clatchie, and hopefully my first fish of the year.
        Keep at it mate, you'll get your rewards. It takes a lot of patience, practice and homework. Starting off with trial and error, then remembering exactly what it was you just did! hopefully we'll put you on the fish on Sunday!
        Regards
        Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Working...
        X