Fun LRF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun LRF

As I was unable to make the lure meet for obvious reasons and let you boys play around with your M.I.L.F !! (man i love fishing)
    So i thought I'd hit a local beach in search of a couple of more species. The first half hour was slow with one of my target species failing to show, then out of no where BANG !! Fish on, a very spirited fight on light gear. I was quite surprised to see this species at this particular mark , I was holding this one for next weeks trip. Anyway I had an hours fun and landed a further 5 but still my other species failed to show, I will get back on them before the months end.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358114155.519105.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1529039
    I don't do a lot of FW fishing but seeing as the species hunt now includes them I thought I would try my luck. I dropped into a small pond on the way home, rigged up a little paramax , cast to some over hanging trees and what do you know the lure was hit straight away. Not a massive fish but its still another species

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358114376.925242.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1529040
    I carried on a fish a cast for the next half hour

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358114436.852922.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1529041
    Set up used was UL 1-11 g matched up with a 2506 reel
    Lures used , a "secret" home made jig fly ;-) , ecogear paramax
    Last edited by Bassboyo; 13-01-2013, 10:12 PM.

Nice one. I noticed the shot on the Mackerel pic, I'm hazarding a guess at a single Mackerel feather?? Whatever it is its taken the lot!

Nice Perch too, that's something I'll definitely be targeting this year. Does that take you to double figures? and we're still in January!
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckingball76 View Post
      Nice one. I noticed the shot on the Mackerel pic, I'm hazarding a guess at a single Mackerel feather?? Whatever it is its taken the lot!

Nice Perch too, that's something I'll definitely be targeting this year. Does that take you to double figures? and we're still in January!
      It's not a mackerel feather wreckingball76, it's a home made jig fly (still in testing stage , ultra secret squirrel) ;-)
      I should of had 4 species today but they just failed to show ??? That's some of the easy ones out the way , gives me all year to chase the others ;-)

Comment

Another 2 species to add to your list! Wow well done. How much more testing does the secret squirrel fly jig need before its " yes 1 to have in the box".
        Nice perch, on the para max. Looks a clean well conditioned fish.

Comment

Originally posted by culdiekid View Post
          Another 2 species to add to your list! Wow well done. How much more testing does the secret squirrel fly jig need before its " yes 1 to have in the box".
          Nice perch, on the para max. Looks a clean well conditioned fish.
          So far it's in the "A" box!! And it's staying there ! It's finding the material that's the hard bit once I can source it I may offer them for sale , there that good !

Comment

Working...
          X