Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lure colours?

Hi gents,

I have a selection of colours anyway but was interested in picking up some new bass lures due to last years dismal efforts

Is it best to stick with natural / bright colours for clear water and darker colours for murky / night time?

Also what are your fave hard plastics?

Cheers,

Marc.
    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
    PB 2lb 9oz.

IMO colour is a major factor so a selection of natural , bright and dark colours. My favourites are 500g , mullet , white & chartreuse. You will prob get a million answers on everyone's top hard lures but I'll give you some of mine.
    Surface: patchinko (both sizes) , lucky craft gunish (all sizes) , frosty, z-claw & crazy dog walker.
    Shallow runners: feedshallow (all sizes) , DC9, DC12 , SLS R50 SSR, Node (all sizes) komomo II , sasuke (all sizes)

It's also worth looking at suspending lures, great when fished with a pause.

Comment

I love the Duo DC-9 Bullets, but they are hard to get a hold of in certain colours. IMA sasuke, Komono II, and Megabass Vision 110 and Duo Narabone are my favourite shallow runners / divers. Xorus Patchinko and Lucky Craft Sammy's are my favourite for the surface. Don't be afraid to get Black Lures either. But you can't go wrong with natural Sandeel or Joey Mackerel colours.

Regards
      Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

So guess im on the right track colour wise... need to get some overtime done at work to afford all these new hard plastics lol
        "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
        PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
          So guess im on the right track colour wise... need to get some overtime done at work to afford all these new hard plastics lol
          Or stick with soft baits, you will get more for your money, you just need the confidence to keep using them. One of the cheapest out there is a great fish catcher when fished in the right way, "waveworm Tiki bamboo stick 5") about 3-4£ a pack in chartreuse or white. Rig them weightless & weedless on a 3/0 swim bait hook and fish slow , just keep in contact with it at all times. Takes can be anything from a gentle pull to the rod out of your hand & they cast miles.

Comment

And when you have worn the finish of them spray them mat black, had a lot of fish and my pb bass on a chase bw i sprayed black.

Comment

Working...
            X