X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jelly worm setup

Hello

Dumb question but ...

i'm a bit confused about jelly worm setups like weedless and texas style where the point is embedded in the worm. Everything i've ever read when doing traditional bait fishing says make sure the hook tip is exposed.

Why is it different when lure fishing with jelly worms e,tc. Surely the same applies??? If its so bad to cover the point of the hook when bait fishing why is it recomended in some lure/jelly worm rig setups???

Cheers

Mike

I only choose a set-up which the hook is embedded (weedless etc) when its necessary. If your fishing clean or relatively snag free ground choose a set-up with the hook tip exposed, this will maximise the chance of a hook-up.

I find that fishing weedless reduces the chance of snags, but the downside is it will also reduce the chance of hook-ups slightly. Another positive about weedless style set-ups is dependant on your selection of hook /jig head which can also let you balance the Lure and present it in a different way or manner.
    Regards
    Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Rather than have the point embedded I like to have it parallel alongside the lure. When using a EGW (extra wide gape) Texas hook there is enough room for the lure to slide out if the way when a fish bites, see following photos.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372497850.616749.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1522144

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372498095.514724.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1522145

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372498160.063136.jpg