set up???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• set up???

hi lads im thinking of buying this set up on monday , for general lure fishing for basically anything that swims, your views please
    savage gear bushwacker 8ft 15-50g

okuma trio 40 size .....thanks for any input
    PLACES IVE FISHED..

CHESIL BEACH DORSET, PORTLAND ROCKS DORSET, DUNGEONESS BEACH KENT, PORTHCAUL WALES,
    BLACKWATER ESTUARY ESSEX, HAYLING ISLAND

You should be able to do everything you want with that setup mate, personally i would (and i have) go for the slightly lighter rod and the smaller reel. I have the Savagear Bushwacker 10-40g and the Okuma HS trio 30 as my general lure rod.
    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
      You should be able to do everything you want with that setup mate, personally i would (and i have) go for the slightly lighter rod and the smaller reel. I have the Savagear Bushwacker 10-40g and the Okuma HS trio 30 as my general lure rod.
      +1,

Just recommended that size to a friend of mine buying a set up. The best rod I had was 30-50g would handle 80% of my lures.

Comment

Good rod for the money. For a reel i'd maybe go for a diawa procaster x, good solid reel, they survive a dunking as long as you rinse them off.

Comment

Not to sure but I think the only differane between the 30 and 40 is spool size . Shame you don't get a spare spool. Would like them to produce one without the reverse wind.might make it a bit more water proof

Comment

Originally posted by pulp View Post
            Good rod for the money. For a reel i'd maybe go for a diawa procaster x, good solid reel, they survive a dunking as long as you rinse them off.
            dunno why that amazon link popped in there, that's a rear drag model and not for the sea. the front drag is the one you want.

Comment

Working...
            X