Pulley Rig Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulley Rig Problem

Made up some of my own pulley rigs using pulley beads and impact shields but they keep disengaging mid flight.

Any ideas what I could have got wrong ? I made the hook snoods as long as possible.

A impact sheild works best with just a clip down rig nor a pulley

Comment

Hook snoods too long possibly mate, you need the hook snood a few inches shorter than the rig body.

Comment

I use breakaway imps with no problems even when giving it big licks.
        Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Try the Imps instead of impact shields there far better for clip down pulleys.
          Always got it!

Comment

Hook snood has to be shorter than main rig body
            PB SHORE COD 9LB 14oz seaton sluice 3/11/12
            PB BOAT COD 9lb 15oz
            PB COALIE 9lb 8oz
            PB LING 7lb 8oz

Comment

st sprongs

use st springs it will keep it under tension in flight
              Attached Files
              old anglers never die -they just smell that way

Comment

Thanks lads, I think I have made the snoods too long, they are maybe only a couple of inches shorter than the rig body - so not enough tension ?

I now see that of course the impact shield can move as well making things worse. No matter how tight the rubber is it can still slide up the line.

I will have a play around.

Comment

Originally posted by magpies View Post
                  Thanks lads, I think I have made the snoods too long, they are maybe only a couple of inches shorter than the rig body - so not enough tension ?

I now see that of course the impact shield can move as well making things worse. No matter how tight the rubber is it can still slide up the line.

I will have a play around.

have you not put a bead and crimp on to stop the impact shield sliding up ya rig body ? if not, that's ya problem mate
                  FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

should I or should'nt I

Advice from members required,my aim was to have a rod and reel combo that I could fish anywhere on our coast pier ,estury ,river, rocks beach. Had very much thought I'd got it sussed with one of Terry Woods VFM Sport and a ABU 7500 c3 ct.after a visit from the scum burglars 5 years ago all was gone and I gave up apart from a few trips out with the local lads whilst working in Norway,very productive and entertaining.Got the feelings back and have bought some stuff local, second hand stuff and e-bay old but good.Going out tomorrow for first shot and went for some worms today off Terry, he has one VFM left should I buy it? was it as good as I remember or should I hang fire and wait for something a bit more tasty ie Komp Wr 300 c'ant afford a new one and I think the old ones were the Dogs anyway.

Comment

Use the money to buy a better second hand rod

Comment

the VFM and the blue thunder are very good rods and especially at the prices Terry charges mate
                        FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

pulleys

Hook length a couple of inches shorter than rig body is ample.I use imps and hook always stays put during cast and they always release when they hit the water

Comment

Ta lads, I can see the problem now.

Comment

Tension

shorten your hook length insufficient tension but watch your snoon strength too low will cause them to snap

Comment

Working...
                              X