whiteworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whiteworm

this is a non argumentive thread not allowed as bait seems to start triggers off especialy on about whiteworm.

how do you rate whiteworm for your winter yes i know its summer unfortunately but.

do you rate it the best bait going for cod you have the snake whites then the smaller ones i like about 6 ins long.

these worm are not as plentiful as other worms scarse comes to mind but if you had the opportunity to buy what i call white magic what would you be prepared to pay for a single large white.

and what would you pay for a 6 in one.

also do you think the large ones are better cod catches than the smaller whites bearing in mind in years gone by we just used to tip off with whites.

the beauty of these worms they tend to be hardy and keep for a long time so a constant supply of bait is always there.

another quest i have heard of people freezing whites but do they catch fish as good as other fresh baits.
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

white worm , silvers are fantastic for tipping some nice blacks of with , but imho , the are not big cod catchers more for cod up to 5 pound ,

Comment

Without doubt a top bait, but then again so is any other bait on it's day. As for freezing them, I have in the past with success.
      Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Like mr tt says great for tipping with blacks i dont rate them in really rough ground but in mixed i think it out fishes most bait. when i was pushed before i paid 2 quid a snake and i wouldnt call them snakes lol. But if i had to fish with one bait for the full winter it would not be that my fave bait is black lug with a lump of razor or crab in the rivers

Comment

Maddies tipped with whites for a good all round scratching bait or a big snake with blacks for winter
          You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.”

Comment

another quest i have heard of people freezing whites but do they catch fish as good as other fresh baits.[/QUOTE]

I have used salted whites and they were poo lol

Comment

Originally posted by big phil 123 View Post
              another quest i have heard of people freezing whites but do they catch fish as good as other fresh baits.

I have used salted whites and they were poo lol[/QUOTE]

Black and white you can't beat and I don't mean the -hite up the road phil

Comment

Originally posted by beachbuddy View Post
                I have used salted whites and they were poo lol
                Black and white you can't beat and I don't mean the -hite up the road phil[/QUOTE]

Hahaha no they produce less than salted whites lol

Comment

Whites

I like them later on in winter when the fish have eased off on crab.Dont think they fish as well as they did years ago or that might be cos theres not so many fish nowadays! As regards £2 a worm i can do a 320 mile round trip to get some and might only get 20 snakes a tide so they not cheap diggin em yourself

Comment

Whites can be a magical bait its knowing when to use them for instance Blyth West Pier in a big sea,bottom of the blocks at Shields,in the Wear for Winter Flounder,as already said its a good bait but only in certain area's.
                    Angling Trust/UKCC Level 2 Sea Angling and Coarse Fishing Coach at www.fishingnortheast.co.uk or follow us on Facebook fishingnortheast.co.uk

Facebook - Andy Copeland ( Fishing Republic )

Comment

Working...
                    X