Friday night - need some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday night - need some advice!

The wife's niece is down this weekend for a night for a hen do - and they are all coming round ours on the friday night, so like any sensible married male - I want to get the hell out of the house and do some fishing! I have just started shore / sea fishing and for the last few weeks I have been fishing St. Marys but there isnt much happening. I am still to catch my first fish (caught plenty still water and river, but nothing sea / shore yet) so was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to head on friday and if anyone had any advice on any bait / lures I should take with me

cheers all

I would give ur local pier a shot mate if a was u. a find they fish ok on a night fish.good luck on ur first sea fish!🎣
    Pb cod 7lbs (1.12.12) Tynemouth.

Best cod since (1.09.13)

4lbs 3oz (11.10.13) Tynemouth.

4lbs 7oz (18.10.13) Tynemouth.

5lbs 3oz (8.11.13) Tynemouth.

Comment

I know this is a bit late for Friday night lol....

All of the piers are producing fish in quantity at the minute... get some mackerel feathers (daylights / hokkis etc) or spinners depending on how you like to fish... so long as you can dodge the chavs and their beer cans you are in with a good shout of your first sea fish... mackerel / coley / Pollock / launce and the odd codling if your lucky.
      "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
      PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
        I know this is a bit late for Friday night lol....

All of the piers are producing fish in quantity at the minute... get some mackerel feathers (daylights / hokkis etc) or spinners depending on how you like to fish... so long as you can dodge the chavs and their beer cans you are in with a good shout of your first sea fish... mackerel / coley / Pollock / launce and the odd codling if your lucky.
        Cheers fella, not too late at all - it's friday coming that I need to get away from

Will work out the nearest pier to me an have a dodge down. the nearest is north shields, but I think you have to be a member to fish there don't you? I live over in high heaton - so I *think* south shields is probably going to be the nearest place for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Geodark View Post
          Cheers fella, not too late at all - it's friday coming that I need to get away from

Will work out the nearest pier to me an have a dodge down. the nearest is north shields, but I think you have to be a member to fish there don't you? I live over in high heaton - so I *think* south shields is probably going to be the nearest place for me.
          i'm just down the road mate if you fancie a very early one friday morning we could try the pier, easily just jump the fence and fish until the gatekeeper starts in the morning. tide is perfect for it and i can show you the ropes

Comment

Originally posted by ozzy37 View Post
            i'm just down the road mate if you fancie a very early one friday morning we could try the pier, easily just jump the fence and fish until the gatekeeper starts in the morning. tide is perfect for it and i can show you the ropes
            Cracking offer, but can't do morning matey.

Comment

no problem mate hope you get a few fish

Comment

you can get on Tynemouth pier from 8.00 at night climing gate or when the pierman closes gate,plenty of places up your way,copthorne, walker,marina, give blyth beach a try for flounders or odd bass, rocky island back of kings arms seaton sluice might suit you. davy.
                PB
                COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
                COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
                Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
                Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
                Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
                Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
                Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
                  you can get on Tynemouth pier from 8.00 at night climing gate or when the pierman closes gate,plenty of places up your way,copthorne, walker,marina, give blyth beach a try for flounders or odd bass, rocky island back of kings arms seaton sluice might suit you. davy.
                  As it happens I need to nip through to my dads in Sunderland on Friday evening so might just have to take a trip to Roker Pier - does anyone know if it is it likely to be shoulder to shoulder or if I should be able to get a spot? never tried fishing from a pier before, always done still water for trout - Anyone got any tips so I can catch a few mackerel and break my shore fishing duck

Comment

Roker pier tends to start emptying by about 7 or 8 o clock mate. I got on there about 8 o clock on Sunday and there was only about 6 lads on the end. I caught all the mackerel last weekend on day lights. Get yourself on the end and cast out to sea and you'll get some.
                    Last edited by Nooo Fish; 09-07-2013, 10:34 AM.
                    All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
                      Roker pier tends to start emptying by about 7 or 8 o clock mate. I got on there about 8 o clock on Sunday and there was only about 6 lads on the end.
                      Fantastic - I will be heading down for somewhere between 8:30 and 9pm in that case

Comment

Originally posted by Geodark View Post
                        Fantastic - I will be heading down for somewhere between 8:30 and 9pm in that case
                        No problem mate. I edited my post as well about catching mackerel as well. Incase ya haven't seen it.
                        All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
                          No problem mate. I edited my post as well about catching mackerel as well. Incase ya haven't seen it.
                          Aye, cheers fella - normally need much of a cast out or are they usually quite close in? I ordererd some feathers first thing this morning - hopefully they will do the Job - quite tempted to try a lure on my spinning rod as well to see if I have any luck with that!

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
                            I wouldn't try climbing the gate anymore, Both PTA and PoS were able to change the trespass fines to whatever they wanted under byelaw changes yesterday, no news as to how much, but it used to be £20 trespass fine if caught, I shudder to think what they are putting in place.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie-UK View Post
                              I wouldn't try climbing the gate anymore, Both PTA and PoS were able to change the trespass fines to whatever they wanted under byelaw changes yesterday, no news as to how much, but it used to be £20 trespass fine if caught, I shudder to think what they are putting in place.
                              Cheers for the heads up matey - not worth the risk.

Comment

Working...
                              X