tomorrow night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomorrow night

Morning all, heading out tomorrow night hoping to catch a few mackerel, not a bag full though - where am I best heading? Shields or Roker? I am from newcastle area, but will be down in sunderland on friday night. Will be heading out about 9pm ish.

There have been very few mackerel caught at roker, shields has had more, plus its cleaner, the chav brigade have really gone to town this year on roker pier, I hate to say this, but if what the surveyor said is true, Roker pier will be shut 29th July for 14 weeks, and I'll be glad of it, although the council still hasn't had the go ahead and funding yet, but if it does, it will put an end to the march of the chav brigade.

Comment

Try ssp car park. No need for a rod, just pick up a bagful already sun dried too so yoy can eat them straight away

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie-UK View Post
        There have been very few mackerel caught at roker, shields has had more, plus its cleaner, the chav brigade have really gone to town this year on roker pier, I hate to say this, but if what the surveyor said is true, Roker pier will be shut 29th July for 14 weeks, and I'll be glad of it, although the council still hasn't had the go ahead and funding yet, but if it does, it will put an end to the march of the chav brigade.
        Cheers I shall give Shields a try instead then - Less chavs there then I can see a big car park at the end of the pier on google, is that a public car park? Any tips on where to go or is it as far to the end as possible and then chuck the line out?

Comment

That's the pier head carpark mate. 80p per hour free after 9.30pm. Park in the first row next to the road or you will get locked in when they lock the gates at midnight

You can catch mackie anywhere on the pier best to just move around until you find them. Most people head for the end but you don't always need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderpants View Post
            That's the pier head carpark mate. 80p per hour free after 9.30pm. Park in the first row next to the road or you will get locked in when they lock the gates at midnight

You can catch mackie anywhere on the pier best to just move around until you find them. Most people head for the end but you don't always need to.
            Cheers Matey, I shall take that advice - don't fancy having to walk back to Newcastle!

Comment

V true. They often congregate before the first gate just after high water. Last year there was quite a few times I saw them being caught in reasonable numbers at the brigade hut and the slab area so i walked up to the top thinking it would be even better up there only to see very few getting caught there. Id walked past the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by lumpsucker View Post
                V true. They often congregate before the first gate just after high water. Last year there was quite a few times I saw them being caught in reasonable numbers at the brigade hut and the slab area so i walked up to the top thinking it would be even better up there only to see very few getting caught there. Id walked past the fish!
                Well it's my first time Pier fishing, normally still water for trout but fancied a change so bought a heavier spinning rod. Only been out a couple of times up at St.Mary's but thought I would give the mackerel a go on friday - so fingers crossed I don't walk past them and I get to land something

Comment

Had some last night from the end.
                  In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
                  Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
                  Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Geodark View Post
                    Well it's my first time Pier fishing, normally still water for trout but fancied a change so bought a heavier spinning rod. Only been out a couple of times up at St.Mary's but thought I would give the mackerel a go on friday - so fingers crossed I don't walk past them and I get to land something
                    Nice big shiney spinners and youll hook a few. The ones ive had this year have all been 1lb to 1lb n a half so they're great fun on light tackle and can put up quite a fight for their size. Have fun. Hope you get some.

Ps keep an eye out for surface activity. You can ofte n spot the shoals by the baitfish jumping out of the water. Cast into these if you can see them.

Comment

Originally posted by lumpsucker View Post
                      Nice big shiney spinners and youll hook a few. The ones ive had this year have all been 1lb to 1lb n a half so they're great fun on light tackle and can put up quite a fight for their size. Have fun. Hope you get some.

Ps keep an eye out for surface activity. You can ofte n spot the shoals by the baitfish jumping out of the water. Cast into these if you can see them.
                      Cheers buddy. Quite looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad as a fish View Post
                        Had some last night from the end.
                        Good man. Was it busy up there?

Comment

Good man. Was it busy up there?
                          Not busy at all loads of room very little mess and maccy coming steady,but there was a noticeable drop in temps Glad I took my coat
                          Last edited by Mad as a fish; 11-07-2013, 02:23 PM.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Mad as a fish View Post
                            Not busy at all loads of room very little mess and maccy coming steady,but there was a noticeable drop in temps Glad I took my coat
                            Nice one - that's where I will be from 9:30pm tomorrow then

Comment

Originally posted by Geodark View Post
                              Nice one - that's where I will be from 9:30pm tomorrow then
                              I prefer it on the flood at least 2 hours before and 2 on the ebb

Comment

Working...
                              X