Mull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mull

Right gents. Going up next weekend with Vicflange. I know there's plenty reports off here and have an idea what expect. Taking spinning/ plug / float rod for a bash at pollock. Thinking Sandeep and rag for bait? My question is though, can someone give me an idea as to whether its worth going for Huss/ conger at night or shall I just get hammered?

Originally posted by hughgee View Post
    Right gents. Going up next weekend with Vicflange. I know there's plenty reports off here and have an idea what expect. Taking spinning/ plug / float rod for a bash at pollock. Thinking Sandeep and rag for bait? My question is though, can someone give me an idea as to whether its worth going for Huss/ conger at night or shall I just get hammered?
    You'll get hammered....by doggies .

Seriously though, I've seen good fish come out during daylight, so I'd get hammered if I was you
    Davy

Comment

If you want conger, fish from the flat rock. You don't have to cast far but you're casting into kelp and rocky ground. I've found the best way to bait your hook is to cut a mackerel fillet into chunks and feed it on. The biggest I've had from there is 28lb and lost another couple of decent ones, also had quite a few straps. You'll need heavy gear, because once you strike you'll need to keep the pressure on to stop it holing or wrapping your line in the kelp.
      You do lose gear so a running ledger with a rottom bottom is best. If you don't want to lose lead use a few links of chain. I've also used pebbles with elastic bands on to tie you line to.
      My mate had a smut from there last year around the 5lb mark, it was caught on smelly bluey.
      You can get tope from there at times, a fresh macky head is all you need and helps keep the doggies off.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X