OFF OUT TONIGHT: 05.03.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFF OUT TONIGHT: 05.03.04

Just setting off for (a rare, now), Friday all nighter.

Prob start off on Shields beach (Trow end) and eventually end up on the pier in the wee small hours.

Seems like the 1st time I\'ve been out in AGES.......oh aye...IT IS...lol.

Will probably post the customary non-catch report when I get back.

G\'Luck TC

Comment

Probably a bit late for you now Tony, was on the Pier from about 11 to 5.30 ish. Fished at peg 44, one undersize coalie. Plenty of undersize coalies been caught on the inside judging by the number of dead ones floating past as the ebb picked up.
      One question, the pier was a s**t tip. This was the first time I\'ve fished past the gate, is it always like that?

Comment

Good luck Tony , don\'t let the job take over your life m8 - too much of that game nowadays

Comment

spoke to a guy down hartlepool way and he said there have abeen a lot of fish coming out down there.
          give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Thought I might aswell post the results here as it\'\'s not worthy of putting it in \"Catch Reports\"...lol

Decided against the Trow end of Shields beach as there were already a few out fishing Littlehaven beach. Thought to myself \"they must be into fish if there\'s that many down there\" - WRONG !

Seemed to be nobody fishing the pier, so we went up to the 44 and fished the sea side \'til 3:45. Ian had a good sized Dab and a Whiting - I had the (now customary) N.A.A. = NOWT AT ALL !

Chippy, ya dead right, m8. The place was an absolute disgrace. Started to tidy up the area around the 44 but gave up. Even if we\'d lugged what rubbish we could back down the pier with us, it would have made little or no improvement. Plastic bags, lug soaked newspaper, tea bags, rotting bait, beer cans, plastic pop bottles, discarded line, empty pop cans, tipped out vermiculite - and that was just from the 44 area !

Dave you\'re also right, m8.
            Seems like I spend my entire life in front of computers at the moment....work - NESA - work - NESA - work, etc...... It\'s currently 20 hrs on / 4 hrs off (and I spend those 4 hrs sleeping.....lol)

It was good to get out for a while, even if I did end up with naff all - didn\'t stop me enjoying playing out for a change....lol

Jason, looks like I should\'ve had a trip down to Hartlepool, then....lol

Comment

Pity you didn\'t catch anything Tony. It was nice to be out during the day for a change, like you I seem to be chained to the desk lately. I\'ve not felt so good in a long time as I did with bait in the water and the sun on my back. I knew daylight would be no god but it was nice to be out in the light.
              About the mess though, I cleared all mine up and filled my empty cool bag with bits that were around me. Stuffed if I was carrying a half full coke bottle back though An angler fishing next to me showed me a 6 inch monkfish some one had left on the pier. Nice to see one being caught but I would have prefered it to have gone back. Chatting to a fella by the first gate, reckoned he\'d had a few doggies out. They can be a pest but they\'re a bit of sport though.

Comment

Working...
              X