Shore comp ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shore comp ?

Following on from the success of the boat comp, how about NESA organising a Shore competition. If we start thinking about it now then maybe we could get something off the ground when the season is in full swing. It could be NE based or as has been discussed before could include anglers and members from all over the country. Mobile phones web cams etc. and internet broadcasts could be used to allow anglers from around the country to participate, with the weigh in being broadcast to each venue. All for charidee! What do you reckon?

good idea ell, :P
    have you got a cloth

Comment

Take a shedload of organising m8.xlnt idea tho\'.

[Edited on 18/9/2003 by Tat]

Comment

Hi Ell, how ya doin?

Nice idea, but would be a nightmare to organize.

What about a inter-site challenge match? Would take alot of organisation but would think its more feasible.

Probably next Spring could be a good time, as all the estuaries have flatties so anywhere can be chosen.

Would need someone like Elton to get the ball rolling.

This could be the one!
        Rock Anglers Rule!
        http://ubb.kerrang.emap.centrecore.c...lins/horns.gif

Comment

Nice idea Ian. I know you\'ve suggested something along similar lines before, although it WOULD be a nighmare to organise ! However, if you\'re willing to take it on, I\'m sure that the rest of thr NESA members would appreciate your efforts, m8.

As Harold says, \"Would need someone like Elton to get the ball rolling.\" so despite the sucess of the Amble boat comp in aid of the RNLI, I\'m more than happy to have such an event organised by somebody else from NESA

[Edited on 18/9/2003 by TC]

Comment

might have plenty of time on my hands soon keep the suggestions / support coming here and we\'ll see what happens

Comment

\" might have plenty of time on my hands soon ....\" Sounds ominous, Ell ??

Comment

see chat post for bloomin ominous! I am worried about comitting to something and being unable to carry it through (Our lass wets herself with laughter). I\'m having a good think about options. If any type of comp at all is to be sorted properly the sooner the ball starts rolling the better.

How about, any one interested in contributing towards proposed comp. post here? or maybe there? (Tony, HELP?) we\'ll see what we can sort out Good feelings about this whole thing!!!

Comment

Why not make it as simple as possible . Like , comp ends for weigh in at shields pier , time , date . Fish anywhere , biggest fish .

End of match see who turns up , on the understanding if you post you are going you pay the entry fee regardless .

If every comp is hard to organise , people will get sick of organising them .

Comment

Dave that\'s one option mate which will cut down on the technology bit but maybe exclude a number of potential entrants living all ower the gaff. This is the first question that needs to be addressed. NE based or wider? We have a lot of individual members all over the world as it goes and the other option would be to involve anyone / everyone interested. That would obviously take some doing but hey, the more cider I quaff the more confident I\'m becoming. Saying that though the skunk is reeling me back somewhat.

If it were to be extended wider each area could / would put as much effort in as possible in relation to their links with NESA. The NE branch would probably attract the bulk of entrants, we may be surprised mind. I think at this early stage ALL options should be looked at. Jeez I\'m angling for a new job in middle management already!! (You can tell I\'m ready for the role though ) e-mail me at ..........

[Edited on 19/9/2003 by Ell]

Comment

Saying that though the skunk is reeling me back somewhat.

nobody ever told you not to keep your pet next to computer
                      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

or not to take it out on a boat!

Any chance of a dedicated room for comps Tony?

[Edited on 19/9/2003 by Ell]

[Edited on 20/9/2003 by Ell]

Comment

Hi all,I mentioned this a while ago when Tony was asking for idea\'s for the RNLI charity fund.Its probably best to start on a small scale then if there\'s enough interest expand it maybe next year if everything works out,
                          quote=
                          Hi Tony.what about having a shore fishing comp during the winter.probably with the members on here and andy\'s site would be enough for a competition.i realise not everyone is local but i think there would be enough interest.
                          or perhaps do some nesa merchandise and give the profit to them,mugs, mouse mats,t-shirts etc i could get you in touch with a friend of mine who does that for a living,he prints images onto whatever you like,within reason!

Cheers Alan...

Comment

edited by me cos it was a stupid message, sorry to make your folowing post look even dafter Mark

[Edited on 20/9/2003 by Ell]

Comment

was that the sound of maniacal laughter I heard there Ell??

I engineered a coup once, damn chickens kept escaping, no, hang on a minute that was a coop.

so If you\'re gonna be president, can I be in charge of all the odd socks, I\'d love to know where the other ones dissappear to.

or, put more rationally, I\'m up for it, coop oi no coop, soryy, coup or no coup.

I\'d guess something a bit low key to see how it goes tho, just to see how it goes, but for added fun, change the rules, half abottle of thunderbird to be drunk in one for each fish caught. I\'d not stand a chance tho, I\'d end the day stone cold sober, which would make a change though.

hows about, as much in the way of a howdy doody to everyone that gets on here, pick a day on shields pier, before the weather gets too bad.
                              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X