X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Edited on 20/9/2003 by Ell]

Comment

Ell

I\'ve never fished any of the comps before and I\'m not a member of a club but here\'s an idea - don\'t know if it\'s possible or would work.

How about tying in a NESA comp with local club matches ??

Clubs down here on Teeside have matches almost every Sunday through the winter season so 1 day could become an open for non-members who wish to take part in the NESA comp . Results could be sent through to yourself , meaning all you would need to do is compile a NESA result .

May be a load of useless driblle but thought I\'d put it forward as a possible option .

Comment

Ell you\'re a brave man to bring up such a suggestion as a countrywide match the logistics of this would be enormous. However I know there a few shore anglers up here in the far North of Scotland who may go for it (entered a few comps myself up here) and I would be willing to organise this end of it should it come off.

Just a couple of suggestions on how you could score it (though not sure if they\'re any good)

Length of fish / species rather than weight

and have local winner, national winner for both longest fish, total bag and most species.

Just my 2p worth but you\'ll have to excuse me as I\'m suffering from sleep deprivation

Stuart
        There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. I guess I'm the idiot.

Stuart

Comment

Thanks for the replies, Stuart, you\'re offer of help is greatly appreciated if the comp is to be extended to other areas. Big Al, comments noted mate. keep em coming folks.

Comment

Must say I do prefer the idea of a species based competition rather than a weight based one... some of us are crap at catching anything worth weighing in! Dunno how you\'d work it though, people are going to have to fish in groups with trustworthy witnessing of the catches if the fish are mostly being returned...

Comment

just to give you more headaches ell....why not a pairs competition. there seems to be a good cross-section of, err. I call it experience here, so everyones name in a hat, fished out at random (ho ho) 2 people fish as a team. Ok I know it won\'t work on a nationwide basis, but on a single local venue basis it might. It\'d even give me a chance of winning something as I\'ll catch less fish than Sunderland won games last season, but I might get paired up with someone who actually knows what they re talking about!

But then again, we might get paired up together, in which case, best stay in the pub
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

keep em coming! :P

Bumping Harolds suggestion of Inter site comp. very interesting

[Edited on 23/9/2003 by Ell]

Comment

I hope that if this idea gets off the ground it leavs the polotics that a club match brings with it!

Comment

Ell...

Can you send me your e-mail address, please

Send to blade_tc@hotmail.com

[Edited on 23/9/2003 by TC]

Comment

Cheers Ell,

Just e-mailed you

Comment

Ell hope you do manage to get some sort of comp organised,i like big al\'s suggestion of affilating with a club for the comp and if one would agree it would cut down on all the administration and stewarding on your end of the organising
                        whatever you do get organised count me in.

gogs.

Comment

watch this space.

cheers gogs!

[Edited on 25/9/2003 by Ell]

Comment

Just e-mailed you again, Ell

Comment

gadzooks, it doth appear a trifle quiet on this subject....

Owt doin yet Herr Generaal
                              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

sounds like an excellent idea might get 2 know a few of the members

Comment

Working...
                                X