Rod opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod opinions...

What are peoples views on the following?
    • Zipplex V Max f2
    • Greys PZ Match
    • Greys Appollo mk1 14ft
    • Greys mk11 13ft
    • Conoflex Nemisis Plus
    • Conoflex Nemisis Diablo
    • Greys Greyflex
    Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

yeah there all nice but will they make you catch any fish any better. Some may make you cast alittle better. Others will make you look better but the fish dont know the difference. Its down to Cash at the end of the day and how much you want to brag. If your a bad fisherman the best zippy wont make you any better.
    When All Else Fails Try D.i.L.L.i.G.a.F.

Comment

Grey's rods are prone to snapping, stay away from them in my opinion... unless you want to cut short any well planned fishing trips. If you do decide to buy one, then make sure you carry 2 rods with you or you could find yourself packing up early! Oh, nearly forgot... the ring inserts are as fragile as hell, 1 knock and they will crack or fall out!
      Marc

Comment

why are the Greys rods so prone to snapping? I've read and heard various people saying the same things......
        Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
        I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post
          why are the Greys rods so prone to snapping? I've read and heard various people saying the same things......
          not sure why, but from what i've heard from a sertain shop owner, there a pile of you know what, and he wont sell them!!!
          Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
          http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
          http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

I think the saying goes "Made in China - Made to Snap", it always seems to occur between 9 & 12" from the tip, this is where the carbon fibres are blended into the glass tip. Must just be that our oriental friends from across the oceans haven't quite perfected this technique. Another probable reason is poor low quality carbons being used... Think of it like this - Grey's promote there range by boasting an "unconditional lifetime guarantee" great thinks the consumer and automatically buys into their sale's pitch, little does the consumer know these rods cost less than £30 to make in china and should you happen to snap your rod you will be charged a £35 handling or excess charge for your replacement "rod section only", so there you have it - snap as many as you can and Grey's are still on a winner making money from you! In my lifetime Ive snapped 2 Nitra's and an Apollo MK2, now I use a Century Kompressor WR300 which i reckon could possibly last a lifetime due to the use of quality materials in it's build.
            Marc

Comment

Originally posted by cod basher View Post
              Grey's rods are prone to snapping, stay away from them in my opinion... unless you want to cut short any well planned fishing trips. If you do decide to buy one, then make sure you carry 2 rods with you or you could find yourself packing up early! Oh, nearly forgot... the ring inserts are as fragile as hell, 1 knock and they will crack or fall out!
              no they are not mate the mark two apollo are crap but the mark one is the mutts nuts. as for rings cracking not if they are proper fuji ones,had my mark one for years now and it has hit the deck more times than i can remember and its still the original rings, the mark one apollo or the nemis plus wallsendo with the apollo being the best

Comment

Are Diawa rods anygood ???
                Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                  Are Diawa rods anygood ???
                  no unless you want to pay stupid prices and even then they are not as good as the old wkt ones

Comment

because they are made of cheese. well all the new ones seem to be. haven't even bothered getting the tip replaced this time - 4th snap in the same place, get a new tip section each time then ping... can't be bothered getting it replaced, seems no point, although I did get the replacements for nowt from the factory

the mk1 ones seem to be far better built, got a mk1 orion and mark1 PZ match, both seem bomb proof, the orion a much under rated rough ground rod for the price, maybe a bit stiff for some tastes maybe

love my daiwa rods though, granted never had a daiwa beach rod but the spinning rods, carp rods, and fly rods I've got are the dogs doodahs IMHO and have handled everything I've thrown at them. I use an 8' mk 1 daiwa sensor spinning rod for uptiding! - well its actually nearer 7 foot now on account of me slamming the car door on it, just glued a new tip ring on the broken bit and carried on
                    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

got a greys nitra,been using it for three years and had no problems,no snaps and i do give it some stick.
                      great rod in my opinion.
                      Blacky

Comment

rods

i snapped a greys pz300 t which was made in the uk i used to have the mark 1 apollo sold it to my mate and its still doing good its just it was the 13 ft one so i tried a century wr300 which wa a great rod 14 ft version then decided to fish using 2 rods so i got a zippy hst whih was the most dissapointing rod out of all ive had in the last 10 year id say so at the moment ik have a ttr and im keeping this as its the best ive ever had but everyone is different its better to use something you feel comfortable with and this goes for reels to in my opinion

Comment

Ive got a Greys Jupiter (not made in China) which is a good all rounder and it is a spare rod now cos' I bought a WR300. Never had any problems with it.
                          A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.

Comment

What are peoples views on the following?
                            • Zipplex V Max f2
                            • Greys PZ Match
                            • Greys Appollo mk1 14ft
                            • Greys mk11 13ft
                            • Conoflex Nemisis Plus
                            • Conoflex Nemisis Diablo
                            • Greys Greyflex
                            this is just what i think wallsendo lol you need to know what type of fishing you want to do . i e rocks beaches or piers etc as most of the rods above are different actions,some softer and some like lamposts,lol the zip,the pz and the mark 2 apollo have softer tips more for beach work etc, the mark one apollo and nemisis will cope with the rocks and the kelp and the diablo is a barge pole and if you are not the best caster in the world it spells trouble lol the greyflex is old and totally out of date now.

Comment

Am after a bit of an all rounder...all the rods listed are currently seconds at a certain dealer
                              Ooh a new vid!

I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                              X