South shields pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South shields pier

First time I’ve been along SSP, since the lads were made redundant.

Massive shame. Good lads ! And the place is a hole already, and it’s only going to end up in one place, !

The gate is a bit of a mare for some older lads aswell. I can imagine the Shields Club not being too happy.

Is there no plans going forward, to try and get acces, with a key etc to members ?

I heard rumours of a second gate ?

Similar to SEAHAM, and even the Longbenton club over the water ?

On the litter side, haway man, use your loafs when fishing, not rocket science !
    GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

used to fish the slab alot steveo tha was more trash on the deck than there was in the bins provided TAKE THE CRAP HOME BOYS ITS QUITE SIMPLE LIKE
    KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

Lifting mate isn’t it.

Even worse now mate.

The wind and the seas, will clean it don’t worry.

Unfortunately, straight into the water.
      GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

l understand your frustrations about pier access but as a member of Longbenton and Seaton Burn SAC I can assure you we have not held a competition on the pier since March and although we have agreed dates for next year we don't know when we'll be able to get on.

Comment

same as botac not been on pier since march. davy.
          PB
          COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
          COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
          Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
          Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
          Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
          Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
          Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
            Nice to see you posting again Davy. Hope you’re keeping well.

Comment

Originally posted by BestNest View Post
              First time I’ve been along SSP, since the lads were made redundant.

Massive shame. Good lads ! And the place is a hole already, and it’s only going to end up in one place, !

The gate is a bit of a mare for some older lads aswell. I can imagine the Shields Club not being too happy.

Is there no plans going forward, to try and get acces, with a key etc to members ?

I heard rumours of a second gate ?

Similar to SEAHAM, and even the Longbenton club over the water ?

On the litter side, haway man, use your loafs when fishing, not rocket science !
              hi Best nest,

Had a sesh on there in september, dreading going on actually as maccy season still going and expecting the place to be covered in crap but actually it was immaculate, makes me wonder.

when i was on a survey team with hi viz etc. came along, heard later they were measuring up for the new second gate, one came over and asked if i'd caught owt so i really should of asked him what they were doing but i was to busy reeling in monster fish. ha ha
              Last edited by g.ordon; 05-12-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidhayley1945 View Post
                Tynemouth pier is an absolute disgrace Dave. Every tunnel opening from the four posts to the end is full of cans, plastic bottles, plastic bags and waste.

there’s a lot of dirty, uneducated sea anglers out there unfortunately.
                Tides & Sea State For North Shields
                http://www.mumm.ac.be/EN/Models/Oper...n=northshields

Comment

Working...
                X