David Storey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Storey

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that David Storey past away on 17th Jan, his wife Eileen has just managed to contact me to let me know he collapsed in the shower as of yet they don't know why. You will remember him from his exploits with his brother Rod up around Eyemouth, Coldingham and Burnmouth. David even made the pages of Total Sea Fishing, as instead of all the new fangled gear he still used the old Scarborough reel and rod. David made many posts on NESA whenever he was up this way fishing. His ashes are to be spread at Cullercpats Bay in the spring, I will let you know the date when I get it.
    Alan

R.I.P David, great angler author and well respected gentleman.

Comment

So sad such a nice guy. My condolences to his family

Comment

Very sad news Alan, my condolences to Rod & the rest of the family, RIP David.
        ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
        on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

R.I.P fellow angler very sad news...
          KEEP AHAD LADS IF THINGS DONT CHANGE THEY WILL STAY THE SAME

Comment

RIP David lovely bloke used to have a bit crack at the north v south always ready to lend a hand.
            condolences to Rod and his family
            Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

RIP David, condolences to his family.

Comment

Wow, that's unexpected and sad news. I never met him but had many conversations by e-mail and PM on this site. From those he came across as a good bloke and someone I would have enjoyed fishing with and happily taken out for a day's boat fishing.
                RIP

Comment

So sad, smashing bloke, loved the crack with him in the north v south matches. RIP my friend
                  have you got a cloth

Comment

This is really sad news about David passing away he was a Nesa Legend
                    Bless you mate, top bloke great angling ambassador who will be sadly missed by all
                    Bert
                    Cheers Bert

Comment

Absolute Tradgedy,Had the good fortune to meet him some years ago.Was a gentleman!!!!!
                      AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Wow, I’ve just seen this and it’s a shock to say the least. What a lovely man he was, always willing to help people and was a true gent.
                        Condolences to his family and friends.
                        David Storey, I tip my hat to you sir RIP you’ll be a miss.
                        Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Hey what a shame to read this,
                          gutted to be honest.

Dave tried his best to get me that bloody book !

what a read it is ! Think I’ll give it another read this week.

The tales from that book have you chomping at the bit for the summer kelpies.

RIP to a great man…
                          GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Long time,since I've been on NESA as yous can gather.
                            So So sad to read about David's sudden death.
                            My deepest condolences to Eileen Rod @ there families.
                            David was a n/e legend, aswell as a gentleman.
                            I'll have to read his book again, but with sadness.

Comment

Working...
                            X