roker pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roker pier

going fishing on saturday to roker any one have any info on best places to fish on pier and what is the fishing like there right now
    any info will be helpful
    thanks

Scott, The further along the pier you go the better your chances are normally. It can be worth a crack at the first bend, seaward side after a decent sea but be prepared to lose tackle. Most people fish the seaward side. From 30-40 yards to the end the ground is clean. Normally expect masses of whiting, not much size to them but will keep you busy. Occasional catches of codling sometimes clonkers, but don\'t hold your breath. Some canny coalies down the side sometimes. I\'d suggest using barbless hooks as you\'ll not be catching much to keep! You neva naar though. Also seen octopus, lobsters, lsd, sea trout, wrasse bullheads weevers allsorts caught now and again.

Comment

thanks for the info ell i would not norm use barbless hooks at a new place but i will on saturday [ but knowing my luck something big will take it and i will lose it but thats life lol]

Comment

shouldn\'t make that much difference Scott (barbless) I just crush the barb down with pliers on my normal hooks usually

Comment

Working...
        X