Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have sea angler run out of their own ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have sea angler run out of their own ideas?

Dont often read the sea angler or total sea fishing mags, however every now and then i have a quick look to see if either are showing signs of improvement (anything of interest to myself).
    Anyway a couple of months ago i read the article by Steve Allmark in Total Sea Fishing on Bluey's then a month later i read an article also on Bluey's in Sea Angler, coincidence.

Last month Total Sea Fishing had a feature on the Walkway with Gary Pye, this month Sea Angler have run a feature also on the Walkway, another coincidence or what.

Is it only me who has noticed these things or have others noticed also, please keep replies in this thread about the matters i have raised.

Terry
    If people think you are an idiot, why speak and remove all doubt !

Unless your after buying new gear, don't bother buying the mags because they repeat the same old same old... they are just advertising new gear which is how they make their money, they actually run at a loss on mag. sales and are subsidised and make their money an advertising..

That's why you never see a bad report on new gear even tho, sometimes it is crap.

Just my 2 cents..
    It's a thin line that seperates an Angler from a madman standing on the beach in january at midnight in -5 degrees with a northerly wind blowing in your face

Comment

I stopped buying both of them years ago as they were repeating themselves then.
      A bad days fishing is better than a good day at work.

Comment

Hi rodbender and foz, i understand what your both saying, but what you have said has been said many time on this and other forums and no doubt the moderators (quite rightly so) will be sick of the same comments.

Please dont take offence but i did ask for comments on the topics i posted.

Its about the seemingly copy features.

regards
        Terry

Comment

i rarely buy them Terry so never see the coincidences repeating between rival mags however they do seem to repeat there stories,tips and ideas year after year,in fairness i suppose theres only so much you can print before the said article gets duplicated
          Cheers Alan...

Comment

well i read both
            i have got every total sea fishing since day 1
            and i have got all sea anglers dating back to the 80's

yes they do repeat themselves
            but at the same time
            you have got to think that
            if i read somthing say 2 years ago
            someone might be just coming into sea fishing and he wont have read it
            so if they print it again,they will get the chance to read about it

must be a coincidence about the same venue's being in the magazines
            but why not read both views
            mind you i saw a nice rig in the sea angler this month what im going to copy

sless

Comment

Originally posted by sless View Post
              i
              mind you i saw a nice rig in the sea angler this month what im going to copy
              was it a whiting rig mate
              Goal for 2012 a 30lber
              http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

no it wasnt rodney

you cheeky monkey

only 6/0 vikings for me kidda

sless

Comment

haha took you long enuf to bite mate any way rodney is me sunday name lol
                  Goal for 2012 a 30lber
                  http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

im lost with me days man rod

sless

Comment

I think the only difference was the size of the fish!(sea anglers fish were bigger) They even fished the same spot on the walkway! Its nice to see some features north of the Wash though for a change. As Sless says if your new to the sport then it would be helpful but if your a regular reader of either mag then theyre both getting repetative, not so much the marks but more the general stories. Im sick of reading how to catch bass! You would think the they were the only fish in the sea! That said i received a subscription for sea angler for xmas so i'll still be reading.

Comment

i think that sea-angler will have lost a lot of subscribers if you read this site WWW.MYFISHCASTING.ORG,it is also the jersey casting site,what an own goal !!!
                        To whoever stole my anti-depressants
                        I hope you're happy now

Comment

David, stick to the point, this thread was not posted to have a go at sea angler or total sea fishing.
                          I was only airing my thoughts and wondered if any others had the same thoughts.

Comment

ok lwl,sorry yes it appears plagerism rules !!!!
                            To whoever stole my anti-depressants
                            I hope you're happy now

Comment

totally edited this post ,cos i had mistaken Terrys thread ,so being a good lad its gone

and also the link that zippe has put on does not work , it has had additions added on the end so here it is again

myfishcasting.org :: Index

i now know where this and why this thread is a hot potato - but agree with open debate
                              Last edited by BriH; 17-01-2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X