Reel Set Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reel Set Up

I have just bought an Abu 6500 c3 mag as the 7000 kept giving me problems when fishing in wet conditions. I loaded it with 25lb straight through but have found that it's prone to nesting up now and again. I also cant get enough line on the reel and am casting close to the last layer.

What would you recomend in terms of make and strength?

had one of them a while ago had it loaded with 18lb line and shock leader for the beaches,try tightning the brakes a lil,u might have them to slack,or if you took them out put them back in.
    as i never had a prob with it,even in wet.
    the line im using at the min is ultima power plus 25lb on my penn 525 mag extra,very strong line and pretty thin,and i think they do it in 18lb,
    think its about 7.99 a spool.
    ill be using the same line but 18lb on my penn once i get me a slosh 30.

hope this helps.

oh and dont use red ice worst line in the world for snapping and stuff

Comment

Thanks for the reply Vamp, I have the spool and break set how I like them, just think its the size of the line as the reel is excellent. Glad you advised on the red ice as I did see some other sites where people recomended it so i'll stay clear I think. I think ultima power plus 18lb will give me the distance and strength withough over loading the spool by the sound of things, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by matchman
        Sounds to me like the diameter of your mainline is too big...?
        I think your right, cheap line i think

Comment

heavy mainline and dropping to fast , dump the line and use 15/18 with a leader, if your fishing in kelp or other snaggy places the reels not up to the job

i use red ice, dont have a problem with it

Comment

as matchman says line dia tooooooooo biggggggggggggg ,40 dia should be ok approx 18lb mono depending on make
            did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

You can't beat Daiwa Tourno 15/18lb for small reels. Sensor and Red Ice are a big no no, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X