No announcement yet.

bait pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has to be said, buying it is a damn sight easier and I'm not sure I get £15 worth of satisfaction from getting my own..I like the anticipation of the fishing ahead and a bit of excercise in the fresh air and the slight superiority over the townies who buy their bait....which lasts for 30 minutes until I've used the 20 half worms I had in my bucket and start using the nice expensive juicy whole ones I got in the shop!

Comment

the pump i was looking at was £39.99 is that about the right price. there is nowt better than digging your own worms and then planing your fishing trip. some of the worms you get in the shop are not very big and cost a fortune.
      Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

The Alvey bait pump is the one most people buy and they are fine. The professional diggers and good leisure pumpers!? make their own with a slightly smaller diameter as you get better suction. You need to use stainless steel as anything else is too soft a metal and wears really quickly.

Comment

do you know if you have to oil them every time you use them or just wash them down.

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Rinse it well with fresh water after every session, If you put any oil at all on it the sand will stick to it in no time and more wear will be done.

BAZACODBASHA

Comment

you need to oil them while your using them or you lose suction. Vegetable oil is eco friendlt and doesn't taint the worms.

Comment

thank for the advice and help lads.

Cheers eddie t

Comment

theres two sizes, get the smaller one unless you have a pair of nuts like an elephant, and a build like he man lol, on merseyside i used a pump a fair bit, what we use there is water and washin up liquid mix to lube the pump when we are pumping, pointless tryin to pump in dry sand, however have used one in shallow gulleys and had good results, especially with what you guys call runnydown, absolutly crap with ragworm because of the ground they live in, the action to use is pull with one arm and push with the other, if you aint got the worm in 3 goes pick another spot, on blow lug pump in the center of the two holes they make, the depression and the cast, on runnydown its better to follow the cast from one side and go in at an angle, can also be good on razor as well, practice is the only way, and if you can go with someone who can pump your better learning that way, like the old wieghtlifters motto, no pain - no gain, and your gonna get pain

Comment

Originally posted by treeboa View Post
                    theres two sizes, get the smaller one unless you have a pair of nuts like an elephant, and a build like he man lol, on merseyside i used a pump a fair bit, what we use there is water and washin up liquid mix to lube the pump when we are pumping, pointless tryin to pump in dry sand, however have used one in shallow gulleys and had good results, especially with what you guys call runnydown, absolutly crap with ragworm because of the ground they live in, the action to use is pull with one arm and push with the other, if you aint got the worm in 3 goes pick another spot, on blow lug pump in the center of the two holes they make, the depression and the cast, on runnydown its better to follow the cast from one side and go in at an angle, can also be good on razor as well, practice is the only way, and if you can go with someone who can pump your better learning that way, like the old wieghtlifters motto, no pain - no gain, and your gonna get pain
                    thanks for that info mate that helps alot

Cheers eddie t

Comment

eddie like i said in the hols you dig and ill fetch coffee and bickys and stand bsck and watch you mate so it does'nt bother me if you have a spit and fork or the bait pump lol
                      CHEERS BASSWRASSE 2 www.Anglingtalknortheast.forumup.com

Comment

Working...
                      X