Mussell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mussell

Had some good success on fresh mussell this year.

Any ideas of a regular source of supply from the wearside are - either low water collection or purchase?

Cheers people.
    PB Boat Ling 24lb
    PB Cod Boat 17lb
    PB Cod Shore 11lb
    PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
    PB Mackies 1,000,000

hi jimbob,try the bridge at the south end of the glass centre,not sure what the bridge is called but i know you get mussell form there mate
    FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

have you tried the river under the wearmouth bridge i think you can get some from there.
      Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Originally posted by eddie t View Post
        have you tried the river under the wearmouth bridge i think you can get some from there.

think thats the bridge i am on about Eddie mate,was gonna put "monkwearmouth",but thought better of it in case i was wrong lol
        but yeah thats the bridge mate
        FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Bottom of the slipway at sunderland marina is ok at very low tides...and you dont get muddy feet as they are in the holes in the concrete.

Plenty to be had in the rocks too.
          Save our Sharks Member
          SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
          NSFC RSA representative

Comment

if ya gonna try under the bridge i suggest ya need a good size tide the big ones are just hanging before it drops off into the river ,erm leave me some cos its been raped alot since last year i got some,if not try just from there infront of the warf the wooden jetties about 100 yards towards glassy theres loads hanging on the legs ,and be carefull
            Panel Pin Champ

Comment

I get mine from Jackie whites market in the bridges. Cheap as chips and a really good size. Had plenty fish on them too.
              To get away from dragons and catch monsters.

Pig Hunter

Comment

Really good underated bait for cod/codling some like it fresh some like it smelly caught fish on both smelly and fresh. Go to sandpoint on a big tide or even better a spring tide because its been canny hammered over the years so the bigger mussels seem to be right at the low water line. Also wearmouth bridge can be canny for mussel, and the glass centre. Some lads swear by having it in there bait bucket, good bait and very easy to collect and not a problem to shell easy as out when you get use to it.

Comment

Jackie whites - good!
                  PB Boat Ling 24lb
                  PB Cod Boat 17lb
                  PB Cod Shore 11lb
                  PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
                  PB Mackies 1,000,000

Comment

i always get mine from asda, big net of them, not done well for cod on them but the whiting seem to love small squid stuffed with mussels

Comment

Working...
                    X