Defra to answer NE anglers questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defra to answer NE anglers questions.

I have recieved an email from Defra with regard to a meeting where anglers get a chance to ask Defra just exactly what are their plans for our sport in term of the proposed changes...licencses, bag limits etc.

We had hoped to hold the meeting on the 8th of march but they can only make it to the region on the 4th of march...7.30 pm start..

Questions I need an answer to .

Where is the best place to hold that meeting?

Up North? Newcastle? Sunderland? Hartlepool?

You let me know ( plus any suggestions for a venue) and I will do my best to put it together.

There is a small chance that they can turn up on two consecutive nights, ie either 3rd or the 5th. This would make a northern and southern region meeting possible.

The area we are discussing is Berwick down to Hartlepool...a meeting is also planned for Brid and Scarborough ...so this is aimed a little bit further north to give anglers a chance to have their say.

Time is a problem so reply's asap would be most welcome

Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by davem2005; 04-02-2008, 06:49 PM.
    Save our Sharks Member
    SACN NE Regional Co-Ordinator
    NSFC RSA representative

Right then, come on chaps, we've had lots of opinions and debate on here about these issues recently, time to put your money where your mouth is (or should that be money where your mouse is

the more that can get there the better for everyone, regardless of what your opinion is
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

haven't a clue about a venue but i'll turn up if its in the evening on a week day
      Regards, Graham

Comment

maybe if people express wether they would go and where they are based, it'll maybe give an idea of where the venue should be??
        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

would go - north or south tyne...but prob not as far off as the wilds and deepest dark of Sunderland
          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

Dunno if the new crown is suitable as a venue but theres quite a few anglers know where it is through tony's cash matches and this years nesa shore comp ..I will attend regardless of where it is

Comment

Just to clarify, Its initially going to be the club at Newbiggin mainly cos its what we originally arranged. (even if they missed the date by 4 days)

What I am trying to convince Defra about is the fact that if they can visit Brid AND Scarborough (as per their planned schedule)....surely it would not be out of their way to visit for example Alnwick and sunderland or Newcastle(North Shields).

But in the event that only one meeting takes place ...where is best?

Cheers
              Dave
              Save our Sharks Member
              NSFC RSA representative

Comment

Dave discussed the consultation document at a very long club meeting last night have come up with our response, I am busy typing it up, a lot of work I must say. The club is fired up and will be attending the meeting on the 4th.
                Do you need further advertising at our open on the 24th?
                The litter problem was also discussed and we will enforce the competition ruling about the said problem and still await contact from NCC.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Loopy.

This post will get updated as soon as we have a venue confirmed and full details are available.

Its reasuring to know that at least one club is taking the opportunity to have there say.

Our inshore seas have been managed for the last 120 years...but as far as I am aware it is the first time that those who set the laws have come to the north east to ask opinions of anglers as to how they should be managed.

Lets hope more clubs take note and speak up for their members...after all its a first and if the anglers dont show any interest it may well be the last time we have a chance to have our say.

Cheers
                  Dave
                  Last edited by davem2005; 08-02-2008, 07:25 PM. Reason: cos I carnt spel
                  Save our Sharks Member
                  NSFC RSA representative

Comment

most of the lads in the bedlington station club will be attending.
                    as with seaton sluice and newbiggin.

Comment

Ryanlee,
                      I will change this post tomorrow with full details.

Been trying to put the press release together before I do hence the delay.

That isn't helped by the sun shining which has meant I have actually had to work for a living for the first time this year.

Plan is to do the press release tonight or early am...post on all forums...then cranck up the boat and actually go out and do some fishing.

If you see a light just offshore of the swimming pool around 8 tomorrow night ...gis a wave

Cheers
                      Dave
                      Save our Sharks Member
                      NSFC RSA representative

Comment

defra

i emailed defra so i'l see what we are doing on the day and il get back to you when you release the date
                        Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

Working...
                        X