nemesis plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nemesis plus

ive had a nemesis plus slr2002 for about two years and ive noticed its seems to have gone soft while fishing rock marks it struggles to pull through the kelp ect ive also lost a few fish because of it, just on sunday i had a 2lb fish on and the rod was just about bent double ? also ive lost a few fish lately as it cant take the weight . is this a true rock rod ?? anyone out there had the same problem with this rod , cheers jamcod

Originally posted by jamcod View Post
    ive had a nemesis plus slr2002 for about two years and ive noticed its seems to have gone soft while fishing rock marks it struggles to pull through the kelp ect ive also lost a few fish because of it, just on sunday i had a 2lb fish on and the rod was just about bent double ? also ive lost a few fish lately as it cant take the weight . is this a true rock rod ?? anyone out there had the same problem with this rod , cheers jamcod
    years ago i had the nemesis plus [not slr] and it was well used i loved this rod had good fish on it ,anyway i was smashed at the time and had other rods and i sold it , a few years later i bought a new one and it wasnt the same i couldnt get away with it anyway it snapped on the tip for no real reason had no knocks or anything then a few weeks later me pals nemisis diablo smashed ,anyway i couldnt be boshed to inform conoflex cos they not that good for returns and i gave it away and stick with me centurys ,ive had them ten times longer ten times more stik and theyre still here mate ,yours shouldnt have went that soft i wouldnt have thought mate but if its to soft for you id get rid and get something beefier kompressor ,wr 300 ,apoolo ect ,good luck mate ,the plum
    did eeerrrr ya snap it off like?thats a shame teeeheeeeheeeheeee and take your rubbish home and dont be a meth

Comment

cheers plum ive still got an old nemesis plus i might have to dig it out our treat myself to a new stronger rod and give conoflex a miss this time , jamcod

Comment

I use one and can't say it's gone soft. Still use a MK1 Apollo when I know i'm going out and out for heavy ground as it is much stiffer. Got the Nemesis Plus though for roving when I might move to beach or rivers, it's a bit more sensitive with smaller species. Not the same as the old Nemesis Plus but still the one I use more than anything.

Comment

If you do start lookin at new rods mate have a look at the century carbon metal crest

Comment

if ur going to look for a new rod, try the century stable!!
            CMC, Komp SS, WR300, TTR would all be up2 the job!!
            PS

Comment

cheers lads i am disappointed in it it just feels like a beach rod its not a patch on the old nemesis if you change a rod to be slim and lighter i think it has to loss some performance, dont ya think jamcod

Comment

Rods are ment to loose there stiffeness after a few years as the fibres etc in them weaken, e.g if you have a flicky rod it may become flicker after a few years use depending up on how many times you use it. I have had the same kind of experience with my stiffish rod i think it has become canny useless 4 really heavy rough ground and seems to struggle to pull decent fish in.

Comment

ive got a nemisis plus (not slr the older version) i bout it of ebay about 2 years ago and its still tip top.

i did once snap a century rod. this seemed to snap for no apparent reason?

Comment

yeh i know what you mean about them going soft fishingfanatastico ive had it a couple of years but its never been used that much , my old nemesis can pull double shots of doggies in all day at the west coast this one wouldent stand a chance ,al keep it for the beach thats all its good for , jamcod,

Comment

Working...
                    X