kayake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayake

driving home from work last night at about 5 seen what looked like someone fishing from a kayake just south of seaham piers. the sea was flat as a pancake it looked mint did anyone else see him as there were a few on the north pier.
    target of 10 codling this season and gonna try for a pig!!!!1

Cheers Justin

Didn't see that one but it is becoming quite common.
    I think someone used to post on here who did it and had some good results.
    The craft built for fishing ain't cheap though.
    THE PSYCHIC BIKER

Comment

there a guy usually fishing along between frenchmans bay to souter in one i used to see last year about a few hundred yards off the cliff marks.

heres a link of last year with a bit kayak stuff in it = http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/boat-fi...k-fishing.html
      Last edited by codseeker; 13-02-2008, 10:59 AM.
      Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Me and a mate have been thinking of buying a pedalo to use for fishing from
        Drowning worms since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
          there a guy usually fishing along between frenchmans bay to souter in one i used to see last year about a few hundred yards off the cliff marks
          yes he was about 300 yards out and about 300 yards south of the south pier.

Cheers Justin

Comment

i seriously considered getting one, problems were, launching points and storing it when not in use

Comment

Originally posted by treeboa View Post
              i seriously considered getting one, problems were, launching points and storing it when not in use
              I used to surf canoes mate, launching is not a problem you can carry them down to any beach/bay and just paddle out. Storage is a problem though. I'm looking into this for the summer as well looks like a lot of fun.
              Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
              http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
              http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

just been looking at sea kayaks on ebay "christ" i would want a 32 foot cabin cruiser for the price of some of them on ebay didnt realise they were that expensive, was going to try and get into it but not now.

Cheers Justin

Comment

I bought my first kayak last year and im about to get my second. The kayaks themselfs are not that expensive but when you add up everything else into the equation it can be quite pricey. Ive seen some great catches off them though, cant wait for the summer.

Its deffo on the up aswell, I was buying some gear at the weekend and the bloke in the shop was telling me that he was seeing a huge rise in people buying them.
                  Last edited by pete; 13-02-2008, 11:35 AM.

Comment

do you ever get out in the winter pete i would imagine you would get some decent catches when the weather is calm.

Cheers Justin

Comment

Well Ive not actually had mine out in the sea yet. I got it late on last year and have just paddled it in the rivers. I should hopefully be getting out in the next few weeks to do a spot of fishing as the weathers been looking quite good.

Theres some great fish to be had, have a ganders a this 175lb skate

Kayak Fishing UK_Pictures3

Comment

them pictures look absolutely mint mate surprised that skate didnt tow him around for miles, looks like great sport bet you cannot wait to get out there.

Cheers Justin

Comment

Yeah I reckon that might have taken a while to land

Eye, I cant wait to get out just got to get my safety gear sorted and Im off

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                            Yeah I reckon that might have taken a while to land

Eye, I cant wait to get out just got to get my safety gear sorted and Im off
                            nice one good luck mate.....

Cheers Justin

Comment

Cheers Ill leave a catch report here

Comment

Working...
                              X