vid pumping black lug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vid pumping black lug

hi thought this might help some of you, if u try and you get loads you know were i am lol
    john

pumping for blck lug worm at One True Media - share slideshows, slide shows, MySpace slideshows, MySpace codes, free video sharing, video montages.
    did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Nice vid,he makes it look so easy

Comment

IT looks so so easy LOL.

Comment

I wonder how many unsuccessful attempts there were in between the edited highlights, if he pulled one out every tiem with no editing in between now that would be impressive! be even more impressive if it was on hard sand without the tide flooding as well

does kinda inspire you to wanna give it a go though
        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

where the best places around sunderland tho to dig your own lug tho

Comment

That looks like a piece of cake. Was even getting them with water over the casts.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

i have always found it a lot easier to pump while water is over the worms, even if its in a gully, you get better suction then and the worms tend to be a lot shallower as well, still not easy to master, what we used to do was carry a washing up bottle with a light mix of liquid and water in it to lube the top of the pump and after each go at a cast work the pump in the water to clear the sand/mud

thats actually a wirral/merseyside angler, looks like he is pumping the the mouth of the mersey as well, and yes there are lug like that there and in the right places you do get them like that-normally on a rising tide, allthough its still a skill that needs mastering
              Last edited by treeboa; 14-02-2008, 09:25 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by mick dunn View Post
                That looks like a piece of cake. Was even getting them with water over the casts.
                They are easier to pump with water over them as the suction is increased by the presence of the water and you can loosen off the washers a little making it less tiring. Don't forget your cheap washing-up liquid to lubricate the top of the pump.

You beat me to it Treeboa !!! lol
                If all about you are catching fish, cast in their swim !!!

Comment

one thing i will add though, i never had any success getting rag, ground in the uk is not suitable for a pump, they were originally designed in aus for getting bait off thier sandbanks, which are mainly sand, not the gravelly muck our rag live in

Comment

I loved that video, I reckon it was real - what a pumper
                    "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
                    Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

I reckon it was real - what a pumper
                      not the sort of thing to say to sven lol, though if you log onto wirral sea fishing i am sure you would get a laugh posting that
                      Last edited by treeboa; 15-02-2008, 01:14 AM. Reason: bit missing

Comment

Originally posted by treeboa View Post
                        i have always found it a lot easier to pump while water is over the worms, even if its in a gully, you get better suction then and the worms tend to be a lot shallower as well, still not easy to master, what we used to do was carry a washing up bottle with a light mix of liquid and water in it to lube the top of the pump and after each go at a cast work the pump in the water to clear the sand/mud

thats actually a wirral/merseyside angler, looks like he is pumping the the mouth of the mersey as well, and yes there are lug like that there and in the right places you do get them like that-normally on a rising tide, allthough its still a skill that needs mastering
                        my pumping is all done in a small gully, if the gully suddenly gets wet after pumping, I usually find it is because suction has failed, and washing up becomes a necessity afterwards, especially if I discover there's some 'mud' present in the gully as well...

anyone for a colonic??
                        ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                        Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
                          I wonder how many unsuccessful attempts there were in between the edited highlights, if he pulled one out every tiem with no editing in between now that would be impressive! be even more impressive if it was on hard sand without the tide flooding as well

does kinda inspire you to wanna give it a go though
                          No editing...can`t you see i missed one ha ! I would`nt dream of using a large bore pump on dry sand unless i wanted to kill myself !! The vid does make it look easy and to be honest we touched lucky that day up at Blackpool when the worms were jumping in the bucket.....having said that,years of practice,pumping at the optimum time of tide,and having your pump set correctly will all enhance your chances. In recent years the questions about how to pump lug have been widespread on every angling site,which is why Sven put the vid together,so any lads/lasses could get a general idea of how it`s done i.e seeing the angles n depth i go in e.t.c....it does take a few sessions to get the knack but once the penny drops you`ll never look back.....hopefully we`ve helped a few "pumpers" along the way.....the point was raised about pumping in water...that`s a must if using a large bore...working in and along the edges of gullies and the low water tide line makes life much easier....the sand is softer and you get better suction.Walking along the low water line just as the tide starts to flood is the absolute optimum time to pump,as the worms start to rise in their burrows.One big tip is to use latex washers....most of us now use small or intermediate size pumps,but the washers are the key....they are very hard wearing,give superb suction and only need lubricating once or twice per session.If you can`t get your hands on "raw latex" to make your own bungs,then have a shufty in your birds bottom drawer and see if she has anything that will fit the bill....honestly i know a top match angler who cuts sections from one of those "toys" and they work a treat....his bird is`nt too happy though
                          Last edited by Scouse; 18-02-2008, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Enjoyed your videos very interesting thanks
                            CHEERS BASSWRASSE 2 www.Anglingtalknortheast.forumup.com

Comment

hi Scouse , good of you to help people, one pointer though is how do i get in my wifes drawers been trying for years.
                              did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Working...
                              X