healt & safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• healt & safety

hi all, anyone got any idea where l can get a list of do,s and dont,s regarding shore fishing health n safety, i,m doing a coarse at work where l have to do a 30 min lesson on shore fishing and need to start off with h&s issues,l no we all know them but would like something in black n white to back me up...

info please, toddy

dunno, but I'd guess place like the RNLI web site and coastgurad website would be reasonable starts

Maritime & Coastguard Agency
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Sounds like a NVQ course Toddy
      just do what my mate did,go into work half lashed and talk about the Tornado fighter plane with no script,he left everyone gobsmacked
      Cheers Alan...

Comment

i dont know if there is such a thing for shore fishing tbh, in fact i can imagine a hell of a lot of things we as sea anglers do are totally against h&s, i.e fishing on piers the likes of steetly, fishing in storms, pendulum casting, night fishing on rock marks, even filleting fish without approved gloves, no doubt if you think enough i bet theres a hell of a lot more, i know being an ex firearms and range officer we had to do risk assesments for all sorts, yes there are acceptable risks but it could be your backside on the line if you got it wrong

personally i would have a look at chartered boat fishing, being a paid service there is probably something more set in stone to work with and would change your subject, other than that have a look on the tourney casting sites, plus contact a comp organiser being organised meetings they prob have h&s plus risk assesment issues attended to that you can adapt to, one i know of in comps is they must have a first aid station and so many first aiders per head of entrants, look on World Sea Fishing Forums - Powered by vBulletin, being a bigger forum you may get the info there, there was one i think called sally gutbucket, i`m sure she was involved in organising comps

Comment

I'd be surprised if there's anything laid down anywhere regarding a national standard of health and safety practices for the shore angler...

There's nowt stopping you saying that in a presentation...in fact you could then go on to give your reccommendations for a health and safety standard

H&S is just common sense at the end of the day
          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
          I AGREE

Comment

If fishing was risk assessed off the Heugh it would score off the chart.

First off you climb a fence put up to keep people off.
            Second you fish off a pier with no barriers/fence.
            Third the base is so rotten you keep tripping over the holes.
            Fourth and about last is if a rouge wave comes over its good night vienna cos nobody wears lifejackets and nobody would even know you had gone if you were fishing on your own.

Greatfun flouting H&S.

I have it all day at work.
            Personal best, 12.5lb Tope Scotland. 22/05/2012.

Comment

Working...
            X