Stewart rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stewart rig

been tinkerin with this for a while, so thought I\'d share it. Found an old (19th century) fishing book, and in it, theres various rigs, there\'s the pennel which we all know about but also there was something called the stewart. Basically its the same as the pennel rig except that instead of having one extra hook floating above the bottom hook, there are 2. I tried it in Scotland a couple of weeks ago and it works really well. My version had a 4/0 tied on the bottom, a 2/0 in the middle and a 1/0 at the top. I reckon it\'ll be dynamite for the winter cod, I took quite a few good pollack and bass with it, mostly on the middle hook as well.

Anyone else tried it?? I\'d never heard it mentioned anywhere previously.
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Any chance of putting a diagram on Mark?
    white van man

Comment

One thing about that rig,you should get a fair size bait on.But seriously you could keep going 4 eva,just adding extra hooks,could\'nt you?

Comment

Saying that,I might give it a go in the Badger I\'m fishing at Seaham next week.

Comment

http://www.cibs.org.uk/stewart.jpg

one thing I did do with this was point all the hooks in different directions, which I suppose gives you more chance of hooking a fish regardless of which direction they bite from. I\'d be interested to know how anyone else gets on with it
          ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

if you go in the badger where you going THE BLAST and chems is the only place showing fish.

Comment

I was gonna give the Green Wall a go or maybe just play on the prom.But thanks for the advice.What are they taking?I\'m thinking about swimmers,runnydown ,squid and rag,should about cover it, I think

Comment

...I think that when they invented welding they called that one a treble

Comment

tat, i would study the rules of your comp - the shields open is 2 hooks only, so that is one rig if using a pennel set up , i would hate to see you disqualified for an oversite, of using to many hooks- it might be ok but always better to know for sure.

Comment

shields ?
                    i wonder how the meeting went

sless

Comment

As promised.A report.But not on the Badger.The lads I went with decided to give it a miss and we fished Horden instead,straight across from the Beach Road.Never got to use the Swimmers as there din\'t seem to be many cod on that part of the beach(I\'m there to be shot at over that).Caught whitey on rag, sandeel mussel, and most prolific was squidlet.All fish were returned,all were just under a pound.If you had fished 6 hooks you would hav taken 6 at a time.Stopped fishing at 10.45pm,fished 4hrs up

Comment

Working...
                      X