Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Cod yet on the Yorkshire Coast beaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Cod yet on the Yorkshire Coast beaches?

Has anybody heard of any cod yet on the Yorkshire coastline, specifically Holderness, Whitby/Sandsend or in the Humber.
    Other places I am interested in are Runswick, Cowbar (Staithes) and Filey Brigg.
    The worst days fishing is better than the best days work !!!!!!!!!!!

The gazette reports that a couple of double figure cod have been pulled in during some local matches. Living on this stretch of coast ie between the Boro and Whitby, I\'ll keep my ear to the ground and keep you informed.

Comment

there is a bulk of fish about a mile off they have even been getting small codling in pots but a good blow is needed but it looks like we are gonna get one as the wind is now easterly yipeeeeee

but the cliffs around flambourgh are producing a few
      The beautifull South

Comment

there are a few fish of 2 - 4lb showing from the Boulby area , other than that it is the odd fish from tide to tide ...... as big-sean says , we need a good blow to start things off - hopefully starting this weekend .

I\'ll be out over the weekend somehwere between Saltburn and Whitby so will report next week on ALL the fish I\'m gonna catch !!!!!

Comment

we will be out sunday night if it blows up and probably a beach unless its very rough then it will be robin hoods bay or runswick will be looking at the weather very carefully blow blow blow a very big northerly yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
          The beautifull South

Comment

Runswick\'s No1 for me but gotta feelin it\'s gonna be full of \"Donkey Tails\" ...... other than that it\'ll be Whitby I think

Comment

i take it donkey tails is weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed lol
              The beautifull South

Comment

SPOT ON , it\'s that big longed stemed stuff that happends to look like a \"donkeys tail\" ......... and as you probably know when that place fills will weed it can be knee deep in the stuff , especially for the first 3 or 4 big blows of the winter.

just bin checkin the weather , got 2 different reports so gonna be out Sat night for defo but will wait to see about Sunday . Also looking promising for midweek , fingers crossed .

Comment

Anybody seen the coast line between newbig n sunderland? i am interested in knowing what the sea state is like.

cheers

Comment

There has been codling all over the yorkshire coast during the scarborough festival biggest 11lb, fish from Bempton, Filey brigg, Jacksons bay, Ravenscar with bags of upto 14lbs.

Gwyn

Comment

Will be fishing Whitby next Saturday (11th).
                      Might try from the East Pier, and the scar south of it...see if I can find them there gullies anyone fancy a lob ? Will be on me jack again will be late afternoon/evening though - and not too late a session as I have to be up at the crack of dawn for a 10 hour charter. Hope the weather behaves itself so the charter ain\'t cancelled.
                      Kenny
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fivetownsseaangling/
                      http://www.geocities.com/fivetownsseaanglers/
                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seafishinguk/

Comment

Off down to Sandsend tonight (Fri), looks like its blowing up nicely.
                        Will let you know how we fare over the next few days.

Comment

Thanks everybody for the ideas, been to Runswick today and it was STUFFED with weed, sometimes so bad that lines had to be handlined in, gave up after 3 hours, sea looked well. There were a few rods on Sandsend beach, don\'t know how they did but there was a SERIOUS surf so there could have been some fish.
                          The worst days fishing is better than the best days work !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Well spent a good 18 hours out fishing over both low and high water at the weekend ......... can safely report that I didn\'t do ANY damage to the cod stocks or any other species !! ..... were me 1st outings of the season , so things can only get better !!
                            Fished several rock marks between Port Mulgrave and Sandsend , weed a bit of a problem but think most of it had already made it on to Runswick beach .

Comment

Well - fished Sandsend slipway from 9-12 and I caught nowt! My mate Paul pulled in a small Coalie to about 1.5lb first cast and we thought we were gonna have a good night but it went downhill from there. Decided to try Whitby pier at midnight but no luck there either, although it was blowing up nicely.

It was my boys first night fishing (3 pairs of trousers and plenty of jumpers with his waterproofs - and not a whinge in sight - though he fast dropped off in the car on the way home at about 2am )
                              Said he enjoyed it and wants to come again, cant be bad.

Only hope we catch something next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X