Bit of advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of advise

Hi all, just joined and would like a bit of advise when the best time is to go mackerel fishing off the piers? i.e. start or end of the tide.

Many Thanks

Bill

unfortunately there is not set time really when mackerel will be present. I have always found early in the morning or late evening the best time, and the bigger the tide the better, but have been down under these conditions and had nothing. Just a case of going down and trying. Or get somebdoy else to go down and give you a ring when they come in, but they could be gone by the time you get there.
    Alan

Comment

Thanks Charlton, suppose its like all fishing you have to carry a bit of luck. With me living just outside of Durham city its a canny hike to the coast and the possibility of a blank

Comment

I am sure if the sea is calm and with a reasonable sized tide if you can find room on one of the piers and you put in a few hours I am sure you will get some macky.
        Alan

Comment

Couldn't have put that better Alan. Welcome to NESA Billy and good luck with your Mackerel mate.

Jim.
          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

ive had macky on low water mid water and high water
            when there hungry they will feed be that top of the tide or low tide
            the thing with macky is to just give it ago and be persistant till you hit them

iff you just fancy a day out fishing with the bonus of a macky try float fishing for them
            its real fun and keeps you busy

Comment

i wouldnt go running quite yet ya will struggle to get the odd ones early morn or dusk,a good month or so before ya start feeling comftable and confident ,ya will get the odd warm days and calm spells in between where they come on but like a says give it time,save ya pocket money up pier chavs and start november time
              Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Cheers lads for all your advise, hopefully I may see some of you on the piers over the summer. You cant miss me, I will have my Burberry baseball cap on and my tracky bottoms tucked in my socks . Only kidding.

Billy

Comment

Originally posted by billyboy9764 View Post
                  Cheers lads for all your advise, hopefully I may see some of you on the piers over the summer. You cant miss me, I will have my Burberry baseball cap on and my tracky bottoms tucked in my socks . Only kidding.

Billy

Comment

Welcome To Nesa ,i Fish The Hartlepool Piers And If You Want, Give Me Your Phone Number And I.ll Ring You When I Know If The Macky Are Catching ,it.s Only 15 Miles From Durham To The Pool So You Could Be Here In Half An Hour Or So, If You Want, But I Might Ring You Up At 6 In The Morning

Comment

Big thundery warm evenings when the sky's just about touching the ground - shoals of sprats bursting all over. The lads won't be far behind. Hoy stones at them, jump in and catch them in your teeth like a big puffin , Works for me
                      "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
                      Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

welcome to NESA billy
                        keep kids off the streets, give them a rod.

Comment

TIP i noticed when i was watching the danes fishing for mackerel that the ones who were catching the most were them that used a heavyish spinner instead of sinker below the string of feathers.

Comment

Welcome to nesa billy
                            CHEERS BASSWRASSE 2 www.Anglingtalknortheast.forumup.com

Comment

Welcome to NESA billy enjoy.
                              Feel free to take a look at my blog.

http://edds-fishingtales.blogspot.com/

Cheers eddie t

Comment

Working...
                              X