VELVETS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VELVETS

I know this topic was mentioned last week, but has anybody had any succses on them.

i reckon any good quality sea crab will catch fish , i cant see a cod swimming past one, to take another, could be wrong but doubt it - good bait is what wins you the fish.

Comment

I\'ll let you know.I am using them in the Badger at Seaham on Friday,there will be a report.

Comment

I have used them for three sessions, twice from south shields pier and once in the river.
        On all these trips the humble rag and mackrel outfished it!
        It\'s not like the normal crab this stuff is very DRY.
        Three trips is not a full proff test, give it a go, I will stick to worm.
        OH and REAL CRAB......

[Edited on 1/10/2003 by TIM]

Comment

Like I posted last week, first heard about them in August and got some from Billys and used them at Newton. Had nothing on them there but neither did anyone else I was fishing with there. That was the day when Gmac got his cod at Beadnell. I ended up fishing the match off the beach for an hour and getting a flounder. The remaining bait I kept and used in the Tyne for a match and was getting fish off them especially dabs. Fished the walkway at South Shields and they weretaking small bits tipped on the end of rag, especially the nippers and legs. The lad I was with got some small tommy codling on them as well. One of our club memebers used them at Newbiggin at the wekkend and got 4 codling to come 3rd on them, said he had loads of bites as well as when tipping lug. Have to say from my experience I\'d rather have them when crab is fishing then nothing better. Considering the price at #3.50 - #4 a packet which will give you 8 good baits I think they\'re not too bad, only time will tell whether they work well enough. :P

[Edited on 1/10/2003 by peter.m]

Comment

It will be intresting to see how these crab will perform.now that they are easily obtained,keep the reports coming.

Comment

had quite a bit of success wearing my velvets on the drink in the town centre!!!!!

Comment

i\'v used them with me mate jed and he\'s had some kanny flatties on them, hopefully they will be kanny good for the cod season.

Fingers Crossed!
                Always got it!

Comment

I used them in the summer smoothhound bash of the lincs coast. I was fishing with a number of other experienced anglers who were using fresh peeler. I would say that the swimmers were equelly as good on that session - I pulled 4 hounds (!) whilst some other anglers on the fresh had 1\'s and 2\'s.
                  I\'m interested to try em for the cod - I\'m going to get some next week and have a trip up to Whitby area so I\'ll let you know. Signs are good though :P

Comment

Does anyone know if either of the tackle shops in Whitby sell these pre packed velvets?

Comment

Tat how did you get on in the comp on friday.

Comment

Does anyone know if either of the tackle shops in Whitby sell these pre packed velvets?
                        will find out next weekend as I will be popping up to Whitby for a few days
                        Kenny
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fivetownsseaangling/
                        http://www.geocities.com/fivetownsseaanglers/
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seafishinguk/

Comment

Working...
                        X