Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWFF Robin Hoods Bay

Hi

I plan to SWFF Robin Hoods bay this coming Sunday, anyone know any good marks for sea bass?

Anyone else in this forum into SWFF?

Regards

SWFF 2

[Edited on 4/10/2003 by SWFF2]

I\'ve tried over the SW coast of Scotland, mainly for mackerel and pollack with little success. You may get more of a response at these forums though.

Ant ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º>
    ·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º> .¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((º>

Comment

Ant

Thanks for the link, I\'m already a member at those forums.

It seems that there are very few SWFF\'s on the NE Coast.

I fished Sandsend to Whitby yesterday no luck. But I created a lot of interest, so hopefully more SWFF\'s will appear.

Regards

SWFF2

Comment

I think there is alot of NE fisherman interested in SWFF but we dont really have the marks like Scotland or Wales and so on to try them tactics out.z

Comment

Ling Basher

Filey Brigg is well known for SWFF, how many do you see actually SWFF?

A few SWFF\'s from the Cornwall area know about Filey Brigg.

How do we know which Marks are best for SWFF till more are out there doing it?

I think in time more marks for SWFF will become apparant, and what better way to spend a day on the beach.

Regards

SWFF2

[Edited on 4/10/2003 by SWFF2]

Comment

Should have aslo added that SWFF is only really a summer sport as the species such as mackerel and pollack move off into open water when the cold weather comes as well as the NE winds turning the sea a nice brown colour making it hard for the fish to see flys and spinners etc
            Ihave yet to catch anything SWFF but never rally gave it a good go,maybe next july.

Comment

This year was my first year swff. Up the north west coast of scotland, in me fave spot for more \'normal\' fishy adventures, and had a ballistic week (beginning of september) with more coalies, pollack and mackeral than you could shake a stick at.

maybe I\'ve been extraordinarily lucky, as I hear lots of people who try and as yet havn\'t caught owt. It got so easy, in the finish I was using a 6foot 4weight brook rod to add a bit extra adrenaline! Forget about pulling 20lb cod out of the weeds, landing a 2pound mackeral on that gear and I felt like I\'d run a marathon. How I tackle it (!) is by having a bash with a few spinners first to see if there\'s anything about, and if there is I\'ll maybe switch over to fly gear. I was contemplating having a plodge along druridge bay with some fly gear as I\'ve heard many a tale of the bass that patrol the beaches, apart from there and maybe blyth beaches, I\'m not sure If I\'d fancy it anywhere else along the ne coast

my first fish on the fly
              ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
              Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

If you want to give it a go for Bass try a little further south at Fraisthorpe Beach (just south of Bridlington) or Spurn Point have had lots of schoolie bass off both these places with a bit of surf you can almost gaurantee they will be there great fun not tried SWFF for them but me and Paula had a good couple of hours pulling in schoolies of Fraisthorpe.

Alternately come up here they are prolific at the moment average of 2lb with the odd 4 and 5lb in amongst them. A fishing buddy had 40 2lb and 5 4lb in a 4 hour session. However may be a bit further than you wanted to travel

Stuart
                There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. I guess I'm the idiot.

Stuart

Comment

Stuart

Thanks for the info.

Where is \"up here\". I am willing to travel. If not this year always next. I\'ve booked in at Ireland Oct/ Jan and also down south, for Sept/ Oct.

So much for being a summer only sport

email me please at swff@ryeweb.co.uk and I\'ll get back to you.

Regards

Steve

Comment

yep summer only sport from NE :P

Comment

Working...
                    X