Filey South Shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filey South Shore

I have been informed that there is sea bass being caught in this area. Can anyone confirm this please.

Is Filey brigg fishing well?
    TIA

Regards

SWFF2

[Edited on 4/10/2003 by SWFF2]

Quite often bass are caught all along the yorkshire coast, Rheighton Sands, Hunmanby Gap just below filey have produced bass to about 5lbs they are both fairly flat beaches which thow up quite a lot of surf.
    Filey brigg has produced all year with pollack to 6lbs and a lot og cod to 3lbs approx best bait is fresh peeler crab.

Gwyn

Comment

Looking to go to Filey in the next few weeks fishing. Where would you recommend ? I have never been before. I was thinking about fishing the Brigg, but some advise would be welcome by anyone who has fished Filey before.
      Kenny
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fivetownsseaangling/
      http://www.geocities.com/fivetownsseaanglers/
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seafishinguk/

Comment

Gynn

Many thanks for the info, your the 2nd person to confirm sea bass to 5lb below Filey. Could you email me please at swff@ryeweb.co.uk

Thanks for the pollack info too will be targeting them also, been a few caught on fly just recently off the brig.

Regards

Steve

Regards

Steve

Comment

Kenny, If you\'re going to fish Filey Brigg you should be aware of a few things. Like any rock mark, you can get cut off at as the water comes in. On the right tide it is possible to maroon yourself for a few hours on the larger rocks towards the end of the brigg. I wouldn\'t recommend this as the weather can change quickly at this time of year and you may pick the wrong tide.
          Secondly, there are two way to get to and from the brigg. You can walk along the beach and under the cliffs at low water or you can climb down the cliff/slope at the end. Personally I wouldn\'t recommend the later if it has been raining. I\'ve seen worse descents to marks but in one or two places you\'ve got a foot wide and foot deep gully in a path with almost a sheer drop either side. Not too bad in summer with a small rucksack, but I wouldn\'t want to try it with a large tackle box in winter.

Comment

Kenny
            I agree with chippys comments, There are a few ways to fish the brigg you can fish from the top, you can go down the ladders to the bottom use the two new ones as the old ones are dangerous fish it last two hours down and two hours up, walk right to the end of the headland and there is a path down to the bottom turn left and fish the scars right in front or walk straight forward along to the end of the brigg, half way along there is high brigg you can stay on this through the top of tide on neap tides but not on spring tides or very rough seas at the end there is the sewer pipe fish at low water.

Be carefull as the brigg can be a very dangerous place watch the tide it can trap you.

Gwyn

[Edited on 8/10/2003 by Gwyn]

Comment

Working...
            X