line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• line

i would like to ask the forum members what make of line they think is the best quality on the market,i just bought some today and it knocked me back 10 quid tryed it out and it is hopeless thanks

Depends on where you fishing i think mate.
    I like to use penn surf cast with a low breaking strain (18lb) when on the beaches with me 6500 because it casts smooth as oot.
    But when i\'m fishing rough ground i just use what ever\'s strong and tuff (eg 30lb b/s straight through). Sometimes though i like to use a bit shockleader just to be on the safe side.
    Always got it!

Comment

i use red ice think its by ultima only about 5 quid a spool and i think its excelent i usualy use no more than 18lb on the beach also and again 30lb straight through on some i always use shockleadrs whatever

Comment

Pity we havn\'t the old threads, was plenty lines have been discussed in the past.

Like Brashy 18lb and 15lb Penn Super Surf for beach work, cant fault it!
        Think the buy 2 get 1 free offer is still running, so thats 3 spools for about £20 and you can order any breaking strain you want.

The Penn Tuff Stuff shock leader has the same 3 for 2 deal, thats 300mtrs of leader for £10, plenty for anyone!
        Rock Anglers Rule!
        http://ubb.kerrang.emap.centrecore.c...lins/horns.gif

Comment

this penn stuff quit good the ? what sot is it i may give it a go. i forgot to mention i always use amnesia for my rigs excelent line

Comment

The penn line is like no other line that i have used before, its runs very smooth when casting and allows you to cast at a range.
            I use 18lb plus shockleader and works better than out on me 6500.

If i were you i would give it ago its well worth the money.

I use amnesia on my traces to, really good line.
            Always got it!

Comment

I use Trilene Big Game which costs about a tenner in the shops but if you shop around you can get it cheaper. If you know anyone going on holiday to America get them to get it for around a fiver over there. The diameter is a touch bigger than others but the abrasion resistance is good.
              Grey Greased Weasel for shockleader and Amnesia for hooklengths. Use clear mainline and clear or black for hooklengths, can\'t get away with coloured lines, it might just be a confidence thing.
              My mate loaded up with Red Ice when we were down south fishing, 30lb on his rough ground reels and says it is excellent as well as being thinner. I\'m going to try it on a new SL30 when I can afford one to see what it\'s like.

Comment

well i use ultime rough diamond 30lb for the rough stuff with a 70lb shock leader and on the beaches i use team diawa 15lb and 70lb shockleader ooh when on the cliffs i use 80lb braid
                when i look for shock leader i just buy cheap bulk spools of 65lb to 80lb lines
                buying purpose spooled shockleader is expensive
                The beautifull South

Comment

just bought 500m bulk shocker by ron thomson for 6.66 seems spot on
                  have you got a cloth

Comment

John1000, what line was it that you bought?

Comment

As a shockleader I don\'t think you can beat Penn Tough Stuff. It\'s very supple, flies through the rings and holds a knot really well.

Comment

Has any body tried the Penn Dynabraid Mono, some of the lads down in the scarborough area swear by it,I have just bought a spool of 30lbs for £12 it will give two reel fill ups going to try out shortly will post comments.

Gwyn

Comment

Working...
                        X