NESA members session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NESA members session

Has anyone thought of us all members getting together for a good shore session?

I know there was a one on before a while back, on the old site, but was a boat trip, which turned out very well (which i didnt go to), with everyone having a good time.

Since the winter\'s coming wouldnt it be kanny good if we had a good shore session some where up the north east for all us lot?

(Just wondering)

[Edited on 4/10/2003 by Brashy]
    Always got it!

Excellent idea mate.there\'s another thread running referring to a shore comp which might or might not happen.I think a \"get together\" is easier to sort out,just turn up and have some fun.
    Cheers Alan...

Comment

I think its a great idea, get to know some of the members have a laugh whilst fishing.

What does everyone else think?????
      Always got it!

Comment

i\'ll go for that, how about setting a date, time and venue.
        my suggestion would be roker pier, loads of action with the whitings if the cod aren\'t there plus if the seas too rough the rathouse would give us something to fall back on. a weekday night would be best for me, how about 7pm - 11pm ? someone suggest some possible dates.

Comment

A NESA comp?
          http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

micky if roker wasnt fishable and quite a few turned up the rat house would be packed out,
            how about shields or the river or even a beach if the sea was heavy?
            have you got a cloth

Comment

I aint bothered where it is, but if its out of shields i will probs have trouble with transport.

I would suggest shields, there\'s the pier, 2 beaches the walkway and the groyne so there\'s always going to be a place to fall back on.

Mon - Fri will have to be at 6ish till wenever for me, and weekends are fine to.

Like what john said aswell if more people want a NESA comp rather than i little session, then we could so that?????
              How many people are interested?

[Edited on 5/10/2003 by Brashy]
              Always got it!

Comment

I can make it if my shifts don\'t get in the way,would prefer a weekend though fri sat sun,count me in anyway.
                Cheers Alan...

Comment

How about during the Christmas holidays if its going to take a bit if organising.(only 10 weeks or so)
                  Cheers Alan...

Comment

Nice 1 Brashy

Last Winter (can\'t remember exactly when), we had a bit of a get-together for a shore comp in aid of the RNLI. That was the 1st of the RNLI fund raisers we had (followed by the Amble boat comp, you mention in your opening post).

There was a canny turn out and about £100 raised for the RNLI (if I remember rightly).

If your suggestion for a shore comp / get-together goes ahead (and I can\'t see why it shouldn\'t), it could be the 2nd Winter shore Comp in aid of the RNLI (Could become an annual event, eh?).

Rules were simple - we met at one point at a specified time and returned to the same point at a specified time for the weigh-in. Apart from all fish having to be of size, I don\'t remember any other rules.

It wasn\'t a \"comp\" as such. Primarily it was a get-together to meet up and raise a bit money for charity.

As far as when and where goes, Brashy - I\'d just pick a date / time / venue.....those who can and want to turn out, will.....those who can\'t make it, won\'t.

Trying to arrange a date/time & venue to suit everybody is nigh on impossible and can result in the thing not going ahead at all.

I\'ll leave it to you to decide when & where, m8.

I\'ll be there

[Edited on 5/10/2003 by TC]

Comment

Thanks for the advice mate will do the best i can to get everyone.
                      Always got it!

Comment

Try and make it for when Im home guys I have got all of November and the first week in December free
                        http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

count me in! Any time will do for me. A shift swap will be no problem.
                          Hoody

Comment

Thanks hoody glad i can rely on you to come. The more that say they can come (and will) the better it will be.

I will need to try set a date for everyone so there\'s quite a few of us members going.

I will arrange a date soon with all the other things (venue, time etc) and post in here.

(if the people who want to come, can E-mail me when its best for them please just so that i can get a rought idea of what day it will be)

[Edited on 7/10/2003 by Brashy]
                            Always got it!

Comment

Brashy count me in i will give u a hand sorting stuff out mate
                              Beat them in their own back yard

Comment

Working...
                              X