WINTER SHORE COMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WINTER SHORE COMP

I guess many of you will have seen Brashys\' idea of having a NESA get-together / shore comp. If not, see the thread, \"NESA Members Session\", which is also in \"Shore Fishing\"

If it\'s ok with you Brashy, I\'m gonna decide a date for the comp. Oh and HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY, M8 :P :P Hope you enjoyed it !!

Before I settle on any particular date, are there any days that would be a definite no no? I DON\'T mean things like \"I can\'t make it that night coz it\'s quiz night at the local\" What I DO mean , for example, is....we have several NESA members who are members of the Cleadon Club an I know they have their Winter League matches on a Monday night - so Mondays would be out as far as they were concerned.

Any other days to discount, before I settle on a date ????

[Edited on 6/10/2003 by TC]

[Edited on 7/10/2003 by TC]

Tentative comp details are as follows; (these may seem familiar to those who took part in the Winter shore comp we had last year)

DATE: To be arranged

TIMES: Meet 6:30 / lines in 7:00 / lines out 10:00 / weigh-in 10:30

VENUE: Meet / Weigh-in - Marsden Rattler (pub if open - car park if not)

BOUNDARIES: The Groyne at So. Shields to The Rat House at Sunderland (inclusive)

RULES: 2 hooks max
    ALL fish to be weighed-in to be \"in size\" according to NFSA minimum size limits

ENTRY: £3:00 per person;
    1.50 to RNLI
    1.00 for Heaviest Bag
    .50 for Heaviest Fish

The more that take part, the greater the prize money (and the greater the amount raised for the RNLI)

ANY COMMENTS.......????

Comment

tony get on with it and if i can make it i will be there the more notice you give the better and try and make it so we can go and get pi__ed afterwards lol lol lol
      The beautifull South

Comment

LOL Sean......

I\'ve gone for the Rattler again. m8

During the Winter, it\'s a bit hitty missy as to when it\'s open.

Was it a Friday night when we had the last one ?

Comment

i seem to think it was a saturday and the 1st of november looks good for me lol lol
          The beautifull South

Comment

Cheers Sean.

I was thinkin\' of some time in November to give peeps plenty notice

Comment

its the shields open on the 9th november

sless

Comment

Cheers Sless,

Noted m8 ! - That\'s the sort of \"no no\" dates I was thinkin\' of.

I guess that would mean that Sat. 8th would be out, then ?

Comment

A tuesday or friday for me or unless its on the weekend, but tony you just go along with the best date that you think would be best.

Glad you\'ve put one of me favourite fishing spots in the comp. (groyne)
                  Always got it!

Comment

Glad you\'ve put one of me favourite fishing spots in the comp. (groyne)
                    Only thing I seem to catch around the groyne are crabs !! Itchy little buggers they are too

If the date is suitable for me, then I will make make my way up from down here in gloomy Yorkshire for it, but have a few weekends away already booked, so I will play it by ear
                    Kenny
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fivetownsseaangling/
                    http://www.geocities.com/fivetownsseaanglers/
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/seafishinguk/

Comment

LOL Kenny......the only thing I\'ve caught off the Groyne was flamin\' rocks

Good to see you\'re willing to come up from Yorkshire for the get-together - still tryin\' to sort a date (one that doesn\'t clash with any Opens) - more than likely to be either a Friday or Saturday night.

Brashy....

\"A tuesday or friday for me or unless its on the weekend, but tony you just go along with the best date that you think would be best.\"

errmm...I\'ve just e-mailed you, m8

Comment

Nice to see us having a shore comp again...can I just point out that its on telly text that south of souter light house has been closed off on the cliffs because the sea has punched a whole in the rock and is now using the old colliery shafts to eat away the cliffs making it unsafe...so it might be an idea to warn people of the danger

Comment

That\'s a VERY good point, Richy.

I\'ll post more about that tomorrow.

I know there\'s a few peeps on here will know the area in question VERY well, but for those who don\'t know it, this is an ariel pic of the stretch of cliffs involved. the lighthouse at the top of the pic is Souter and I\'ve circled where the caves are.

[Edited on 8/10/2003 by TC]

Comment

Hi TC
                            This sounds like a great idea.
                            Are there any members on the north side of the river that would like to share the cost of petrol, I am trying to cadge a lift!!!!!.
                            If anyone is traveling from the Whitley Bay area let me know.

Comment

Working...
                            X