Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Whities out there?

Hello

Thinking of fishing this weekend - probably late afternoon into the evening. I\'ve not fished for a couple of years so will need to dust down the kit.

Anywhere showing any fish - I fancy a bit of Whitey bashing !!

I\'m looking at marks Northumberland way.

Cheers Lads,

TheCunningLing

fish a bit further south if you want whitings, roker pier is fishing its tits off for them loads of fish to just over 1lb. macky strip fishing best.

Comment

Cheers Micky Mate,

TheCunningLing

Comment

Next question .....

Can anyone advise where to park at Roker pier - I\'ve never been there.

Cheers Lads

Dusting down the kit .. looks like I\'ll be using it .... TheCunningLing

Comment

theres a car park at the bottom of the bank about 100 yds from the pier. some people just park on the path next to the gates of the pier but you always run the risk of getting a parking ticket there, its usually ok if you\'re just fishing through the night but i think the cars less likely to get broken into if its in the car park.

Comment

South Shields pier is also doing well for Whiting......

Fished from the 44 mark on Sat. night / Sunday morning.

Thought I\'d try out the pigs liver (as suggested in another post), just to see how it compared to \"the usual stuff\".

Took 2 rods and used identical pulley rigs: fished a mixture of traditional baits (rag, lug, squid, mussel), with one and used the liver (sometimes to tip off and sometimes on its own) on the other.

Got absolutely NOTHING on the traditional baits, but had a whiting almost every cast with the liver!!!

Packet of pigs liver from Asda = 57p
            Fresh mussel from fishmonger = £1.00
            Frozen squid from fishmonger = £1.50
            Worm from local tackle shop = £7.20
            A canny nights fishing = PRICELESS!!

I know what I\'ll be buying more of this Winter !!!!

[Edited on 12/10/2003 by TC]

Comment

There was a bit of a swell on today at Roker and no whiteys were being caught in daylight. I saw the only two fish landed and I had them both - a small plaice and pin whiting.
              PB Boat Ling 24lb
              PB Cod Boat 17lb
              PB Cod Shore 11lb
              PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
              PB Mackies 1,000,000

Comment

James with fish like that about you could do with a rod with a sensitive tip ,something like a Penn Viper.
                white van man

Comment

Spoke to one of the lads tonight about 7.30pm who was fishing Blyth beach. Said it looked perfect but there were no fish coming to quite a few rods out. Said it appearred too rough for the Whiting and none had taken Mackerel baits. Will update later if I hear anymore.

Comment

Rod m8, had me new 2-4oz Ron Thompson Turboliser out. Coped with the heavy sea (just).
                    PB Boat Ling 24lb
                    PB Cod Boat 17lb
                    PB Cod Shore 11lb
                    PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
                    PB Mackies 1,000,000

Comment

There is a bit of sea on at the minute and it\'s forecast for a few more days so there should be codling about off the shore. Newbiggin Bay should fish as will Blyth Pier. When its calm there are loads of whiting off Blyth Pier & beach, whilst there have been big bags of them from Sandy Bay and Durridge Bay. Worm baits tipped off with mackerel will sort them out.

dave

Comment

Working...
                      X