Wansbeck Estuary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wansbeck Estuary

Alright lads just wondering if anyone fishes the above venue. I've had some very good Flounder sessions there on the North bank and believe there must be some specimens in there. Just wondering what others thought/advice of this location?
    Weapons of choice
    Yuki Q6
    Penn Surfblaster 7000
    Yuki Pro Surf
    Penn Surfblaster 7000

2016- Plaice, Dab, Flounder, Mackerel, Coalie, short spined Scorpion fish, Dogfish, Pouting, Whiting
    2017- Whiting, Codling, Coalie, Flounder, Turbot, Plaice, Bass, Pouting, Ballen Wrasse, Corkwing wrasse

We have a couple of club matches there in our summer league. It's one of my favourite venues for good size flounder, and I've had some decent fish out even at low water. I always fish the south bank.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

You caught anything else up there mate apart from Flounder?
      Weapons of choice
      Yuki Q6
      Penn Surfblaster 7000
      Yuki Pro Surf
      Penn Surfblaster 7000

2016- Plaice, Dab, Flounder, Mackerel, Coalie, short spined Scorpion fish, Dogfish, Pouting, Whiting
      2017- Whiting, Codling, Coalie, Flounder, Turbot, Plaice, Bass, Pouting, Ballen Wrasse, Corkwing wrasse

Comment

not fished there in a while but was a great spot for flounder never caught much else there though

Comment

used to be great there in the summer when i was a kid (40 ish years ago lol)for coalies and eels either fishing off the dam with ragworm or for flatties off the block using kipper as bait.Took my son year or so back to the block using rag and kipper not a sniff of a bite lol.

Comment

Had a few small collies over high water.
            Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

Quite a few years ago when fishing with someone he had a sea trout about 6.5lb on mackerel belly fishing for flats.
              Just add water!

Comment

Im going to have a few sessions there over the next few weeks, if I get anything I will post it
                Weapons of choice
                Yuki Q6
                Penn Surfblaster 7000
                Yuki Pro Surf
                Penn Surfblaster 7000

Comment

I like to fish the North side after a heavy rainfall using earthworms dug from the garden. I have had some specimen sized flounder out at these times, I think it`s because the flounder gorge themselves on the foodstuff being washed downstream by the increased rainfall as they don`t seem to go for the worms when there`s not been any rain for a while. It works for me and it`s a cheap and easily obtainable bait.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentish Bassman View Post
                    I like to fish the North side after a heavy rainfall using earthworms dug from the garden. I have had some specimen sized flounder out at these times, I think it`s because the flounder gorge themselves on the foodstuff being washed downstream by the increased rainfall as they don`t seem to go for the worms when there`s not been any rain for a while. It works for me and it`s a cheap and easily obtainable bait.
                    Spot on that mate will have to give it a go
                    Weapons of choice
                    Yuki Q6
                    Penn Surfblaster 7000
                    Yuki Pro Surf
                    Penn Surfblaster 7000

Comment

Working...
                    X