Easterlies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easterlies

Looks like the sea may get away a bit for the weekend. Last chance of some coddies maybe?

Got to be better than sitting in the house!

Comment

rather stop in house thanks!

Comment

what do u guys get out of catching 2lb cod on scaffold poles?

Comment

Originally posted by flatrock View Post

It makes me feel like a big man..

Comment

Normally two fillets for tea

Comment

not a lot of difference to catching 1/4oz roach on 40ft poles.

Comment

I had cod to just under 5lb late March last year and some into april with the unseasonable winds we had...they will be there, worth a shot.
                Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Thanks for the meaningful contribution.

Give your head a shake man.

Comment

Originally posted by LiamNE View Post
                    I had cod to just under 5lb late March last year and some into april with the unseasonable winds we had...they will be there, worth a shot.
                    Liam I caught a sized codling on every one of my trips plaice fishing on shields pier ALL summer mate. Fish are still there, people just don't chase after them lol. Nothing massive, biggest 3.5lb but a bit extra sport!
                    "In order to becomes old and wise, first you must be young and stupid."

PB. Ling - 12lb 6oz. Cod - 11lb 6oz, Coley - 3lb 6oz, Pollock - 4lb 1oz, Flounder - 1lb 11oz, Plaice - 1lb 10oz, Whiting 1lb 9oz.

North east bass fishing addict.
                    PB 2lb 9oz.

Comment

Originally posted by Juliogeordio View Post
                      Liam I caught a sized codling on every one of my trips plaice fishing on shields pier ALL summer mate. Fish are still there, people just don't chase after them lol. Nothing massive, biggest 3.5lb but a bit extra sport!

Its only in the past couple of years I have woken up to the fact they can be caught during the height of summer. None down my way mind but I plan to raid marsden/sheilds area this summer for some kelpies and pollock would be nice - something you just never see on the durham beaches either
                      Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                      CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

Its only in the past couple of years I have woken up to the fact they can be caught during the height of summer. None down my way mind but I plan to raid marsden/sheilds area this summer for some kelpies and pollock would be nice - something you just never see on the durham beaches either
                        Liam, here in Hartlepool as soon as the sea gets away the fish can move in. All through the summer you will see the parts boats sitting just off where the cod are on the hard ground. ive had some good session on the rock edges and piers in the height of summer. i had a few 4lb cod on steetly one day while lads tried feathering for mackerel in coloured water. the rock edges on the headland have given me nice fish in Auguse after a good blow.

Comment

what do you get out of being on a forum at 3am to try and ridicule other people?

Nowt.

stop flappin ya gums lol

Last edited by Phil83; 12-03-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Go to northumberland height of summer day light flat calm 5lb plus fish regular

Comment

Working...
                            X