St Marys Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Marys Island

Lads does anyone know what stage of the flood is the latest you can walk onto the island and at what stage is the soonest you can walk off it? I'm talking about literally walking and not wading across, cheers lads
    Weapons of choice
    Yuki Q6
    Penn Surfblaster 7000
    Yuki Pro Surf
    Penn Surfblaster 7000

2016- Plaice, Dab, Flounder, Mackerel, Coalie, short spined Scorpion fish, Dogfish, Pouting, Whiting
    2017- Whiting, Codling, Coalie, Flounder, Turbot, Plaice, Bass, Pouting, Ballen Wrasse, Corkwing wrasse

Originally posted by carlrmc View Post
    Lads does anyone know what stage of the flood is the latest you can walk onto the island and at what stage is the soonest you can walk off it? I'm talking about literally walking and not wading across, cheers lads
    would of thought depends on size of tide, but I woudl imagine at least 3hours before adn3 hours after low water and then some

Comment

depends on the size of the tide....

Comment

2hrs either side of h/w on a 5mtr plus tide,on a small 3.8 tide as long as it is flat dry or ankle deep at h/w. davy.
        PB
        COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
        COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
        Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
        Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
        Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
        Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
        Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

4.50m tide it will be, looking at Tuesday
          Weapons of choice
          Yuki Q6
          Penn Surfblaster 7000
          Yuki Pro Surf
          Penn Surfblaster 7000

2016- Plaice, Dab, Flounder, Mackerel, Coalie, short spined Scorpion fish, Dogfish, Pouting, Whiting
          2017- Whiting, Codling, Coalie, Flounder, Turbot, Plaice, Bass, Pouting, Ballen Wrasse, Corkwing wrasse

Comment

thanks Davy
            Weapons of choice
            Yuki Q6
            Penn Surfblaster 7000
            Yuki Pro Surf
            Penn Surfblaster 7000

Comment

I walked across round about HW today and there wasn't a chance of getting your feet wet. It looked well fishy too (I was working not fishing though). I will say from experience mind, it's a very different walk across in the dark with a load of gear on your back

Comment

It's a tackle nightmare too
                ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                Okuma trio Rex
                Aerlex 7000xsa
                Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadlock Wrasse-ta View Post
                  I walked across round about HW today and there wasn't a chance of getting your feet wet. It looked well fishy too (I was working not fishing though). I will say from experience mind, it's a very different walk across in the dark with a load of gear on your back
                  Agree there place spooks me out in the dark especially with a bit of a sea on lol

Comment

I once went there in my van with my talking, pot addict dog to investigate a series of double figure cod landings. Turns out it was just a disgruntled caretaker with a projected. In all seriousness though, it is a nerve trembler wading across in the dark

Comment

Working...
                    X